This is why universal IEM's shouldnt go soooo inside
Feb 28, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #16 of 35
oh yeah i saw that before when i was looking for stuff, but i think he just pulled it out wrongly. which can happen on my TF10, only once.

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #17 of 35
That was awesome.
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:33 AM Post #18 of 35
happened to me once only, the senn foamie on the triple fi. i thought they looked like a far too loose fit on them but a certain head fi'er (yes i mean you soozieq) insisted that they gave her a fantastic fit and i really should just try it. so i did and yep it was too loose and he left one came off in my ear, as it was the triples it wasnt too deep just i just used some tweezers myself and pulled it out.

bit of a scary moment though

Feb 28, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #19 of 35
happened to me with comply I fell asleep with my W3 in and woke up in the morning, got up... actually spent about 5 minutes walking around in my usual zombie like state, before I have my coffee and cigarette, looking for the comply tip that I was sure was on the W3 when I went to sleep. I was really pissed too because that was the only pair of long comply that i had (I had only just got the W3 and I only used short comply on my SE530) anyway I found the tip
redface.gif
; got it out with tweezers too, but jeez it was right in there, I dont know if it would have been so easy to get out if it was a short T400.

Feb 28, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
happened to me with comply I fell asleep with my W3 in and woke up in the morning, got up... actually spent about 5 minutes walking around in my usual zombie like state, before I have my coffee and cigarette, looking for the comply tip that I was sure was on the W3 when I went to sleep. I was really pissed too because that was the only pair of long comply that i had (I had only just got the W3 and I only used short comply on my SE530) anyway I found the tip
redface.gif
; got it out with tweezers too, but jeez it was right in there, I dont know if it would have been so easy to get out if it was a short T400.

Wow shocking. It's bound to happen to me anyday... How far did it go in? I'm actually quite happy I have shallow ear canals
tongue.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Happened to me too, when those Shure's didn't have that barb on the nozzle yet..
Good thing they do have them now
wink.gif

That was my first thought when I saw this -- that his IEMs didn't have the barb on the nozzle and/or the tip was not inserted over it. This is a big reason why I think I will ignore advice to push tips on only to the barb and not over it.

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #23 of 35
My bi-flanges on my triple fi's have got stuck in my ear before, but not that deep! Could still get it out with my fingers.

Feb 28, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #25 of 35
wow ive owned, in order...

Sony EX70LP
Shure E2C
Shure E4C
Sleek SA6
Shure SE530

and this has never once happened to me

Feb 28, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #26 of 35
I've had the tip come off in my ear a couple of times, but never so bad that I needed to use tweezers. I once searched my car for about 10 minutes looking for a tip, only to realize it was still in my ear...
redface.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #27 of 35
Wooow. That was DEEP. When I saw the picture at the beginning when he was on the floor, I thought it would be more epic with camera crews and a gathering crowd. Pretty exciting none the less.

Mar 1, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ewwww.
I'm a little scared now cause im getting the atrios, and those are said to be deep fitting earphones.

They're not--quite the contrary actually. I suppose you could get them to fit deeply if you liked.

Mar 1, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow shocking. It's bound to happen to me anyday... How far did it go in? I'm actually quite happy I have shallow ear canals
tongue.gif

well it wasnt half way to china or anything, but far enough for me not to be able to get purchase on it with my fingers and of course it filed up the cavity fully (as designed) and I couldnt loosen it at all. had to get my tweezers

Mar 1, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #30 of 35
"You have really clean ears."
icon10.gif

This hasn't happened to me yet, but I can only imagine that it most likely will at some point; unless I want to get custom fitted earpieces. But I'm fine with the universal fit tips for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back