This is why I love Westone so much...
Sep 4, 2007 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bull Moose

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I'm going to spare y'all the boring details, but in a nutshell I had a cable replacement done on my UM2s earlier in the summer which was completed and returned to me promptly. Problem was that Westone started using a softer rubber material for the part of the wiring that goes over the ear which began to deteriorate quite quickly. I emailed Dale Douglass over at Westone just a few hours ago and described the problem to him and he replied to me about an hour later telling me that they would replace the deteriorated wiring and implement something new he called "strain relief" for FREEEE. Gotta love good customer service. Go westone! Oh, and I of course asked about the (in)famous "3" and he said they are working "feverishly" to get it to the market.

Sep 4, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 7
Westone (and Dale) rock.Period.

Sep 5, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #4 of 7
by the time the 3's come out there will be ultimate ears quadruple fi and shure se640's out,ive lost interest,something isnt right about those 3's and they have discovered it and gone into hiding

Sep 5, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
by the time the 3's come out there will be ultimate ears quadruple fi and shure se640's out,ive lost interest,something isnt right about those 3's and they have discovered it and gone into hiding

And they will be full of delays as well.
rolleyes.gif
You weren't around when the E500 and Triple. fi came out were you, it's not only a Westone problem.
redface.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #6 of 7
Nothing's worse than releasing a product before it's ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back