This is too hard...
Aug 17, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #46 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems to me that a Sennheiser HD-600 or HD-650 would be what you're looking for. The HD-650 might be on the high side of your budget, but it is worth it. The HD-600 is more neutral and balanced, but the HD-650 is more refined, darker and groovier. Both sound awfully good with your music, though.

Grados (save for the HP-1000), the K-701, and the DT880 all have much sharper highs than what you say you're looking for. Don't buy one of those without a listen, you might not like them for an extended listen.

fully agree. go for the hd6x0 series.

Aug 17, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #47 of 56
Thank you all so much for all the advice.
I am buying a pair of DT770s (I just had to try Beyer) but I am already looking at another pair of phones
smily_headphones1.gif

Q40, D2000, etc all sound appealing.

I think since I am getting closed headphones the other pair should be open so I am looking into that.

As to the Senns, for some reason people always seem to upgrade from those so I wasn't really considering them.

Thanks again!

Aug 17, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #49 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashirgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure. Enjoy yourself! I hope they will suit you
smily_headphones1.gif

Was this so hard?

Ash

It still is
smily_headphones1.gif
As I said I am not done here yet, I am getting a pair of Beyer because I always wanted to hear them but the search for the elusive "perfect" headphone continues
smily_headphones1.gif

Is there head-fi anonymous?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 18, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #54 of 56
Hm. I tend to listen to the same stuff as far as electronica goes - psy/goa, their downtempo cousins, ambient, some worldbeat, and old school synth/electronica.

For long listening sessions, I'd say HD600 + desktop amp. It's very balanced, very linear, and very free from fatigue. But, it's a 300 ohm Senn, so you will want to drive it well. Without enough power, it can sound sluggish, but give it enough juice and it will open up and give you plenty of definition.

Bass depth won't be the best, though, and there's a slight midbass emphasis, but it's only slight. All in all, a thoroughly capable and well-rounded headphone.

Aug 26, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #56 of 56
Well, got my DT770pros, absolutely hate them...
frown.gif

They sound extremely muddy, the clarity of sound is worse than koss-ksc75. I don't get it, how can they be so bad? Is it my Klipsch amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back