This is nead... Google DeskBar.
May 9, 2004 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pank2002

1000+ Head-Fier
Normally I don't start topics, because I for the most part don't have anything useful to say, but I'll do an exception here. So, I was sitting here, doing a phys paper for tommorow (which I haven't finished yet,) and doing som googlesearches. Then I went to the 'more' link next to news in the google windows, and found this need program, which allows you do to google seaches dirctly from the taskbar. It even include a browser. You can also set to get search or start on other pages, fx head-fi. The smartes thing about it, I think, is it close down auctomaticly, so if your sitting and doing a paper, and somebody enter the room, all you have to do is change to word, or whatever program your using and the browser windows will close.

Here's the link for the to it: toolbar.google.com/deskbar

May 9, 2004 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002
Normally I don't start topics, because I for the most part don't have anything useful to say, but I'll do an exception here. So, I was sitting here, doing a phys paper for tommorow (which I haven't finished yet,) and doing som googlesearches. Then I went to the 'more' link next to news in the google windows, and found this need program, which allows you do to google seaches dirctly from the taskbar. It even include a browser. You can also set to get search or start on other pages, fx head-fi. The smartes thing about it, I think, is it close down auctomaticly, so if your sitting and doing a paper, and somebody enter the room, all you have to do is change to word, or whatever program your using and the browser windows will close.

Here's the link for the to it: toolbar.google.com/deskbar

Nice one :) the Google toolbar is pretty nifty too, it stops pop ups and shows a sites page rank, backward links etc. it's invaluable if you're a web designer. http://toolbar.google.com/

Pinkie.

May 9, 2004 at 9:44 PM Post #3 of 3
yeah the google bar is super nifty too.
I'd wish they would make a real google-made toolbar for Firebird (or fox or whatever it's called today
rolleyes.gif
), 'cause the build in just don't cut it, and the fake one is plain ugly...

The popup blocker, and the googlebar in general. makes IE a 10x better browser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back