This is how it starts, isn't it?
Jan 31, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #16 of 21
About 1970: my parents bought me cans (Pioneer SE205). Probably more for their own sake.
About 1975: I bought about the same cans in another colour and with straight cord(SE305).
About 1985 :some semi-open ones (Philips NE6330).
Then came Internet ...
2003: Headwize > DT831
2005: Head-fi > DT880
2007: Head-fi meet > W1000.......

Jan 31, 2008 at 10:19 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifter59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And at some point:

[size=small]15) Incur the wrath and scorn of other family members who do not share the same appreciation for pure audio that you do or the need to re-allocate financial resources to aid in the quest for auditory nirvana! [/size]

O so true...

Jan 31, 2008 at 10:21 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In about 1.5 month I've gone from iBuds and B&O earbuds (pretty good start) to Grado 225s, AKG K701s and built a CMOY. Now of course the K701s need a beefier amp, so I HAVE to buy a Little Dot MKIII as soon as my credit card balance returns to a manageable number. That'll be $700 in 2 months
frown.gif
At least I'll be set for a while right? RIGHT?

Define "a while"
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2008 at 11:11 AM Post #19 of 21
Hahaha! Oh, I'm so glad I'll never end up like that.
BTW, anybody know when I might see some CX-500's in Canada so I can upgrade from my $80 Skullcandys? "They have $80 Skullcandys?" you ask. Well, I got ripped off. But I learned my lesson. That being "Why get ripped off for some mediocre phones when you can fill your ears with some great ones that cost slightly more?"
What? Oh, I know what you're thinking. But no, I'm not going down that road. It's just this once. Just this once more, that is. This once more, and then, once more after that when someone steps on the new ones, and once more after that when the new new ones get eaten by a heating vent, and once more after that when a pair actually runs its course, and... The point is, after this its all replace, no upgrade.
Course, I probably wouldn't get the same pair over and over again. Maybe small upgrades, but buying only on sale, so I actually get the same price.
Oh, yeah, maybe I should get a better sounding MP3 player. You know, so the phones aren't wasted. Its all about being efficient and wasting nothing. Except these old Sony things I tore apart in an attempt to create a more comfortable set. Wow, that backfired.
You don't think I'm going to become obsessed do you? Because I don't think my... *Walks away, continuing to ramble.*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back