This is frustrating... Topping A90/D90 stack help
Apr 25, 2021 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Connectz

100+ Head-Fier
Ok. I have the Topping A90/D90 stack. Right now, my source is my cellphone (LG V40). I want to be able to use both the A90 and the D90 together, wired using my phone. I've tried everything I could think of. The only way I'm able to to actually listen to the stack together is through bluetooth with my phone (LDAC). There seems to be no way I can use the headphone jack from my phone to go to the D90. I bought a 3.5mm to female usb adapter and even tried the headphone jack to usb input into to d90 and It STILL doesn't work. I have the D90 and a90 connected through xlr jumper cables.

How in the world can I listen to a WIRED connection from my phone to the stack???? Please help. I didn't buy $1600 Hifiman Arya's to only be able to listen to them through bluetooth. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 7
Buy a USB-A female to USB-B male adapter.
1619379436095.png

Purchase and Install USB Audio Player Pro from Play Store to your phone.

Connect LG charging/data cable to phone and USB-A female to USB-B male adapter at the end.
Connect USB-B end of cable to USB connection on D90 at the back.
Open UAPP on phone and play a song.

Edit: Some editing

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #3 of 7
Shouldn't you be using whatever USB your phone is into the USB in of the dac ? You probably need an adapter for that.

I use my iphone plugged into my 788 sometimes, but I have to use this.Amazon.com: USB Camera Adapter, USB Female OTG Adapter Compatible with  iPhone iPad, Portable USB Adapter for iPhone with Charging Port, No  Application, Plug and Play: Electronics1500 × 1179

Apr 25, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #4 of 7
Ok. I have the Topping A90/D90 stack. Right now, my source is my cellphone (LG V40). I want to be able to use both the A90 and the D90 together, wired using my phone. I've tried everything I could think of. The only way I'm able to to actually listen to the stack together is through bluetooth with my phone (LDAC). There seems to be no way I can use the headphone jack from my phone to go to the D90. I bought a 3.5mm to female usb adapter and even tried the headphone jack to usb input into to d90 and It STILL doesn't work. I have the D90 and a90 connected through xlr jumper cables.

How in the world can I listen to a WIRED connection from my phone to the stack???? Please help. I didn't buy $1600 Hifiman Arya's to only be able to listen to them through bluetooth. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I think you might need a cable like this one, but let's see if somebody else can confirm, I am a iPhone/iPad user so I use a different cable but the concept is the same but not 100% sure if the LG V40 will work with this cable, I think is what you need. I see on the reviews section of the cable that it seems it worked for somebody using an Android phone. https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matter...t=&hvlocphy=9032001&hvtargid=pla-492345964485

Apr 25, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #5 of 7
You just need a USB C to USB B cable. The D90 needs a digital signal (from usb) not an analog signal (from the headphone jack). The linked cable above will work.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #6 of 7
Thank you guys SOOO friggin much!!! I'm ordering 2 of those cables right now.

Apr 29, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #7 of 7
Thank you guys! The usb b to C cable worked! Now I'm just waiting on these Periapt cables for my Arayas and hd650s and I'm good! 😁

You guys are the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back