This is driving me crazy V-moda Crossfades LP2 or Original Crossfades or M80s, one ear or over ear.
May 25, 2012 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mepstein10

100+ Head-Fier
So I have been trying to decide between the V-moda crossfades LP2 or the the original crossfades or the M80s  as well as trying decide between the on ear or over ear models. This is driving me slightly mad, and rather than hitting my head against the wall in subsequent repitition, or some other "productive activity" I choose at at least ask everyone.

I apologize if I am positing in the wrong section, but I honestly could not figure out where to post this particular question, and since there seems to be alot of v-moda discussion in this section it seemed like the best bet.

The biggest problem I am facing is a comfort issue. As I have no real way to check these headphones in person I suppose the best thing to do is explain what I found works for me,

Although I do not have a very big head (had size medium to medium large), smaller headphones tend to be rather uncomfortable after a time, especially if they press on my ears unevenly. I noticed this was the case with the acclaimed ath-esw10jpn. They were slightly too small and were uncomfortable to use for long periods of time (over 1.5 hours) whereas the ath-es10 which was just slightly larger was perfectly comfortable to wear for much longer.

though I suppose the most important question is the sound between the two. When I sat down and actually analyzed the music I listen to on a regular basis I was able to compose the following list rating from most frequent to least frequent.

1) Techno/ Electronica/pop - (The best example would be F777 or some of the more poppy Vocaloid songs. Generally fast paced music, but not consisting of only bass. I prefer a rather varied arrangement in most of the tracks I listen to.

2) Jpop/kpop  - I separated this from the last section since I am attempting to describe less fast paced pop. Still fairly quick but falling down to a slower beat count than 130-192 bpm.

3) Symphonic metal/operatic/classical - I suppose the best example regarding this genre would the Finnish metal band Nightwish. I generally prefer a female singer (since they flow better with the instrumental with a few exception, (notable exception IMO would be Tony Kakko from Sonata Arctica)

4) Classical Rock n Roll - Beatles, Eric Clapton,  The Who, The Eagles , Kiss, QUEEN, X JAPAN (yes I consider them classic rock IMO)

Any help or opinions would be appreciated.

May 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
So I have been trying to decide between the V-moda crossfades LP2 or the original crossfades  as well as trying decide between the on ear or over ear models. This is driving me slightly mad, and rather than hitting my head against the wall in subsequent repitition, or some other "productive activity" I choose at at least ask everyone.

I apologize if I am positing in the wrong section, but I honestly could not figure out where to post this particular question, and since there seems to be alot of v-moda discussion in this section it seemed like the best bet.

The biggest problem I am facing is a comfort issue. As I have no real way to check these headphones in person I suppose the best thing to do is explain what I found works for me,

Although I do not have a very big head (had size medium to medium large), smaller headphones tend to be rather uncomfortable after a time, especially if they press on my ears unevenly. I noticed this was the case with the acclaimed ath-esw10jpn. They were slightly too small and were uncomfortable to use for long periods of time (over 1.5 hours) whereas the ath-es10 which was just slightly larger was perfectly comfortable to wear for much longer.

though I suppose the most important question is the sound between the two. When I sat down and actually analyzed the music I listen to on a regular basis I was able to compose the following list rating from most frequent to least frequent.

1) Techno/ Electronica/pop - (The best example would be F777 or some of the more poppy Vocaloid songs. Generally fast paced music, but not consisting of only bass. I prefer a rather varied arrangement in most of the tracks I listen to.

2) Jpop/kpop  - I separated this from the last section since I am attempting to describe less fast paced pop. Still fairly quick but falling down to a slower beat count than 130-192 bpm.

3) Symphonic metal/operatic/classical - I suppose the best example regarding this genre would the Finnish metal band Nightwish. I generally prefer a female singer (since they flow better with the instrumental with a few exception, (notable exception IMO would be Tony Kakko from Sonata Arctica)

4) Classical Rock n Roll - Beatles, Eric Clapton,  The Who, The Eagles , Kiss, QUEEN, X JAPAN (yes I consider them classic rock IMO)

Any help or opinions would be appreciated.

The Original Crossfade and Crossfade LP2 are the same size. They are both over ear. Do you mean the M-80 vs the LP2?

May 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Well but their sound is a little different from what I heard. But yeah I am also including the M80 in the comparison. Edited thread and title. Thanks.

Well, keep in the mind a LP can be found for like 80-100 while a LP2 is twice the price at 180-200. The M-80 is also around 180-200. M-80 > LP-2 > LP in sound quality. The M-80 is actually a great all-around headphone. There is no genre it can't do well. LP2 is generally recommended for more electronic or clubby music. Same with the LP. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back