This is COOL
Apr 6, 2010 at 1:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ajkda

Head-Fier
Hey guys so I was at home messing around and I found this:

I was wearing um2s at the moment and they sit flush with my ears. Being lazy I wanted to listen to my laptop without unplugging the iems. So i put a pair on px100s on top of the iems and turn off my portable's music. The laptop's music came on and the sound quality on the px100 changed drastically for better I felt. With the isolation of the iems I hear next to nothing at all from the environment but I could still hear the headphones.

The bass was less muddy and there was a great improvement in soundstage (there was almost no sound stage using px100 alone) The highs still sucks though, maybe those with higher end headphones could try this? It sounds really amazing.

Note: The headphones have to be a few notches higher in volume than normal hearing standards.

Apr 6, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 5
I once did something like that. It was strange though. Wearing some iBuds I still had. And then put a HD 595 over them. It was weird and I stopped with it, In fear of creating a black hole

Apr 6, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #3 of 5
This is WEIRD...

Are you using comply tips with your UM2? If that's the case I suspect that you listen at a very high volume
tongue.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 5
i listen to them with olives and nope using the UM2s alone i run them at the 2 level from 0 with my iphone. It is the px100s that i run at a high volume so i could hear them over my UM2s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back