This is a great story!!!
Dec 17, 2002 at 7:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

2 channel

500+ Head-Fier
I was on a US Air flight today and while perusing the inflight magazine, I saw the add for the bose noise cancelling headphones that is in every issue. As I quickly flipped the page, low and behold...there was a full page add for Ety er6's. The guy next to me says...look how small those things are, they could never sound as good as my bose (and pulled them out of his bag proudly) "these things are amazing" he says, "have you ever tried them?" Yes I said, but I got rid of mine almost as soon as I bought them. Here, try these (and I pulled my er6s out of my bag) Oh my god! he said. How do they get so much sound in these things! I let him listen for the duration of the flight (3 hrs) and he thanked me and said he was going to sell his bose on ebay and get some etys. I told him he should look at the er4s and join us here on head-fi.

anyway, thought you guys might enjoy this story!

Dec 17, 2002 at 7:37 AM Post #2 of 33
you did good. have an ice cream cone.
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2002 at 7:55 AM Post #3 of 33
That is a good story. You earned that ice cream cone with your good deed for the day
biggrin.gif

I am always afraid of offending people if I tell them about the things they may be missing in their headphones. Perhaps I just need to find the right way to phrase or present it.

Dec 17, 2002 at 10:02 AM Post #6 of 33
I just want to know how long it took you to get the guy's ear wax out of your ety's? I would imagine that after 3 hours, there was quite a build up there. Next time you share your ety's don't forget to use protection.

Dec 17, 2002 at 1:16 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by bifcake
I just want to know how long it took you to get the guy's ear wax out of your ety's? I would imagine that after 3 hours, there was quite a build up there. Next time you share your ety's don't forget to use protection.

actually I sacraficed a pair of foamies for him
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2002 at 2:23 PM Post #11 of 33
great job dude!!

and what an amazing coincidence with the two ads!!

Dec 17, 2002 at 6:08 PM Post #12 of 33
Well done!

I have a guest staying with us now who was telling me about his awesome Bose speakers back home... I kept my mouth shut. Was I being diplomatic, or cowardly?

Dec 17, 2002 at 6:12 PM Post #13 of 33
You're like a priest that converts non-believers to the head-fi cult.
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2002 at 9:11 PM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by aeberbach
Well done!

I have a guest staying with us now who was telling me about his awesome Bose speakers back home... I kept my mouth shut. Was I being diplomatic, or cowardly?

IMO, you should have let him hear his favourite music through you sha1-->HD600.

A comment like "BOSE = CRAPPO" might have insulted him, but if you'd simply let him hear the truth....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back