This dosen't make any sense...please help.
Oct 25, 2008 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

mrpspfreak

New Head-Fier
For some reason, one of my ear pieces stopped working. I know it's not the cable either, because I switched the cables between the two pieces. All I did was try to put in a new treble tip for experimentation. I've only had the things for a week, too...and this kind of thing never happened with my Bose triports, which I had for over 3 years. I ordered them from Amazon, but where do I go to send them back for an exchange? I can't believe how fragile these things must be...

Oct 25, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 16
Okay, now this really doesn't make sense. The earpiece started working again, but for some reason sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Has anyone else had this problem? Could I maybe have damaged the phone from poor treble tip insertion?

Nov 26, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #5 of 16
definitely call. how long ago did you get these? it might sound like their latest batch or something might be bad.

Nov 26, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #6 of 16
Shoot me an email jason@sleek-audio.com

I will make sure we take care of it immediately. 99% of the time, the cable is the problem and we have corrected the manufacturing issue. If you give me a call we can cross ship.

Thank you,

Jason

Dec 2, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #7 of 16
I did sent a mail to support@sleek-audio.com and they promised me that my broken earpiece can be replaced. Yesterday i sent my earpiece to Florida.

And Jason, past week i also did sent an email to you. I do not have any response from you. Did you recieved it?

(btw: sorry for the poor english, please correct me if necessary)

Dec 2, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoqix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did sent a mail to support@sleek-audio.com and they promised me that my broken earpiece can be replaced. Yesterday i sent my earpiece to Florida.

And Jason, past week i also did sent an email to you. I do not have any response from you. Did you recieved it?

(btw: sorry for the poor english, please correct me if necessary)

Can you send me your tracking number so we can cross ship to you? Send it to jason@sleek-audio.com

We have to make sure that we have tracking information before we cross ship, as we have had a lot of people take advantage of this and never send back their unit.

Dec 2, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you send me your tracking number so we can cross ship to you? Send it to jason@sleek-audio.com

We have to make sure that we have tracking information before we cross ship, as we have had a lot of people take advantage of this and never send back their unit.

I tried to explain in my email that i don't have a tracking number, due to the method of sending. I have sent the earpiece on my work. You should receive an bubble foil envelope from the VU in Amsterdam. I have included the receipt from SoundEarphones.com, where i bought the earphones.

I understand that cross shipping wil not be possible. Please notify me when you receive the earpiece. I already miss my earpiece, as i gave away my previous earphones to my little brother
triportsad.gif
. I'll just have to listen to the sound of people who have there ibuds way too loud in the train in the meantime
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #10 of 16
And to add insult to injury, hopefully from thursday you'll see me passing the VU on the subway wearing my brandnew SA6's, I'll wave. :wink:

Sorry, couldn't resist, hope you'll get them back soon.

Dec 4, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And to add insult to injury, hopefully from thursday you'll see me passing the VU on the subway wearing my brandnew SA6's, I'll wave. :wink:

Sorry, couldn't resist, hope you'll get them back soon.

Thank you for your sympathy, dura :p. Small chance that i will see you
wink.gif
. Good luck with your new earphones, i hope you will like them as much as i do.

Dec 4, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #12 of 16
Me and my big mouth....I just received them, tried them on and they sounded great. After an hour I chanced the treble tubes, carefully as described in the manual, and one earpiece suddenly sounds far softer and muffled. chanced the cablesides, but it is the earpiece.
First headphone even to die on me in less then a year....

Dec 4, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpspfreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For some reason when I rotate the treble tip, the sound seems to appear and disappear depending on which way I turn it o.O

Had exactly the same issue on my pair of SA6s, and Sleek replaced the drivers. It didn't seem to be a cable problem, since it happened with just one driver (and the cable seemed to work in the one that wasn't cutting out). Just so you know you are not crazy, which has been pretty much established by now.

Dec 16, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #15 of 16
I just received my new earpiece. They sound wonderfull again. Sometimes you have to miss something for a while to fully appreciate it.

Even though i was a bit sceptical about it first, i have to agree: the customer service is very good at sleek audio. Mostly fast response to my emails, clear communication.

Dura, any progress since your earpiece got damaged?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back