This doesnt damage my DAC does it....?
Jan 6, 2012 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mattyw761

New Head-Fier
Noob question.The usb lead from my computer to my dac keeps coming loose from the computer . This results in a loud popping buzzing, itunes freezing and the source light on the dac to flash red....obviously as its disconnecting... I know the buzzing wont do my speakers/headphones any good but it wont harm my dac will it? Its worth a bit money.... Sounds fine but reassurance please. 
redface.gif

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #2 of 4
I think that kind of damage would only happen with a hard drive, which DACs don't have. In any case a better USB cable might be a good idea - warning: It won't improve sound quality!

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #3 of 4
PC USB ports are designed to handle a certain number of inserts and releases from a USB jack.....If you have disconnected from that port tons of times, you may have a worn out PC USB port.

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 4
Yeah it is the usb port on the laptop. Well used. really annoying but not the end of the world , just have to be carefull when moving the laptop or i get buzzed. Safe to assume that the only thing that will damage a dac would be power supply issues and physical damage ie dropping something on it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back