This cheap interconnect looks pretty good: Slee Cable 1
Sep 30, 2001 at 9:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wab

500+ Head-Fier
Found this at the tnt-audio website: Quote:

Graham Slee Cable 1. I admit to being somewhat surprised by this inexpensive product, though it's not the only one which pulls off some neat tricks at around this price point. Yet it was a highly entertaining, very worthwhile competitor, its only shortcoming being some lack of bass gravitas. It is, in fact, a very, very British sounding cable, to my mind at least - clear, well defined, detailed, with good perspective, but with a lack of US of A bass extension. This may or may not be important to you, and after all, bass extension is also a rather subjective term, which in addition to that also depends on your overall system sound. I have no doubt it will be a revelation to first time buyers moving up the scale from generically supplied interconnects, but also to owners of some well known cables which cost them rather more.

It sells for GBP20 / 32 Euro / $30 shipped anywhere from here: http://www.audiocontrol.co.uk/pages/...terconnect.htm.
I might order a pair myself to replace my crappy Cambridge Audio IC's.

Sep 30, 2001 at 1:46 PM Post #2 of 7
Looks interesting, I might get one just cause they're so cheap.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2001 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 7
Heh, they look a lot like the Radioshack Gold series cables... just a little shinier... probably kill them in sound...

Sep 30, 2001 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by wab
It sells for GBP20 / 32 Euro / $30 shipped anywhere from here: http://www.audiocontrol.co.uk/pages/...terconnect.htm.
I might order a pair myself to replace my crappy Cambridge Audio IC's.

There appears to be a factual error on that page:
Quote:

Copper is one of the "coinage group" of metals (in chemistry), the others being silver and gold. Silver and gold are respectively better conductors than copper, but far more expensive.

Of the three metals, I believe the order of electrical conductivity (from highest to lowest) is silver, copper, gold. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Check this link out.

This is not intended as any comment for or against these cables -- I just noticed that when I read the page in question.

Sep 30, 2001 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 7
Stick to the known brands, I say!

But, I know many audiophiles who like to try out as many cables as they can in order to find the perfect match to their set-up.

People do this with tubes and power cords as well.

So , if you do decide to buy these cables, make sure to write a review.

Sep 30, 2001 at 8:31 PM Post #6 of 7
KR... Slee is already pretty well known. He makes highly regarded phono-stages which have gotten rave-reviews in magazines such as What HIFI and TNT-audio.
Anywayz, I ordered a pair of these IC's. I don't have experience with more expensive IC's but I will post my findings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back