This "Apple" USB Hub WILL Work With iPad 4 with CCK > DAC
Jul 2, 2013 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wingtsun

100+ Head-Fier
This is not an Apple product but it was sold with the light up Apple logo and caused quite a stir on it's release. Apple made a fuss, of course, and the new ones are sold without the logo but it seems there are still many sellers selling the logo'd stock. I just picked one up to test with my iPad 4 with lightning port, to see if it would work like the Dr. Bott T3 and allow a DAC to be attached. I'm pleased to report it worked perfectly!!

This is the hub and for those who like to keep everything looking aesthetically pleasing it works rather well. 

The T3 is probably the better built of the two, in that it feels sturdier, but this little hub is light, good looking and does the job and at $10 it's also the cheaper of the two. I've not had time to listen to it yet but I doubt there's much/any sonic difference between the two.

More pics: http://roundedoff.com/2011/04/20/ihub-usb-hub-for-apple-from-mic-gadget/ihub2-1/http://roundedoff.com/2011/04/20/ihub-usb-hub-for-apple-from-mic-gadget/ihub2-1/

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #2 of 7
Currently, this is my shortest and simplest solution:

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #3 of 7
This is the "Apple" hub. Obviously, the last cable entering the Predator could be considerably shorter if required. A simple male A to male A or male A to mini B connector could also be used to shorten the overall length.

The good thing with this hub is that it gives you the ability to place the cables at right angles to each other.

Jul 3, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Greetings wing, not only great taste in watches mate, not bad taste in portable amps either :wink:
the predator is a great little unit...

Cheers Nick. Yes, I've always loved RSA amps. Most importantly they sound great but they're also great quality and real works of art to look at. Some may say it's not important how they look but it's a nice bonus!!

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #6 of 7
Right, just received this little USB - Mini B adaptor. This makes this hub setup quite short and manageable with the added advantage of being able to choose a right angle setup or straight. I know a fair few here are trying to get some decent setup with their iPad 4s so thought I'd keep posting these solutions as I find them. Here's this one which is now very short and compact. The little adaptor is connected to the hub at 12 O' Clock.

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #7 of 7
LOL! Think I'm talking to myself in here. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back