Thinner tip mod for IE8?
Jan 27, 2009 at 1:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mors

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone have one?

I'm having major issues getting not just a seal, but the things falling out of my ears due to the width of the tube/tip.

If I hold them in whilst walking along they sound fantastic!!
wink.gif

I've got 530's, where the tips compress nice and small, but with these things, once you've got any sort of tip on, they've got a massive surface area and I can't get it into the canal

I've tried modding some normal earplugs (the mod that works fine for anyother IEM lol) but still no joy.

Anyone else had the same problem or got a fix? :/

Nov 5, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #2 of 6
It seems, you fixed your problem with ACS-Customs. I already thought about them..

I have the same problem. Even the smallest tips are too big for my ears.
Does anyone know smaller silicon ones (perhaps from other brands that would fit too) by now?

I heard some Sonys or UE would fit. Are there any, big like the small silicon tips from Westone? These fit me perfectly..

Sorry for my bad english..

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #4 of 6
You can buy the comply's, they will compress.

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #5 of 6
I tried the small foamies that came with the phones, but they were also too big. I could'nt insert them properly.

I actually search for silicone tips, because i often take them in and out.

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #6 of 6
The mushroom thingies works for me with a shallow insertion, great spectrum 2, but tips for the ie8 shouldn't be too small either. It should lie in your ear almost like an earbud, if its small enough to get pushed good into your ear, the bass willl enhance and the after effects of that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back