Thinksound on1 Supraaural Headphone: My Impressions
Feb 18, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #17 of 22
  Are these good straight out of an iphone/Macbook pro, or would you recommend getting hte Filo E11 amp?

It should sound great even out of your mac book or iphone. Haven't used it with a iphone but i've tested it with my nexus 4 and it does go loud. A little more headroom would be better but its still very enjoyable. u can always pick up a amp later if u feel like u need it.

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #18 of 22
Mine just came in. Listening to Van Halen II, 'Spanish fly'. Eddie: '...hmm here we go...' since the eighties was never able to hear what he mumbled at the beginning of the guitar solo:). Sound is spacious, precise and full range. Full range goosebumps too.... What more do you need?
You can open up the 2 holes in each cup under the gimbal, they are most likely clogged with lacquer. They sound even better after that 'mod' IMO,  although Aaron wrote to me stating the holes are used for tuning and when closed it serves a purpose (=disclaimer).

In the next few weeks there will be parts available for the headband, enhancing durability. There were some posts about the fragility of the plastic part that swallows the actual metal headband. Check them out, it could be the solution we are waiting for. Most likely they will replace it for free.

May 13, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #20 of 22
I succumbed... 
I ordered the on1 today on amazon, it seemed to be cheaper than usual (200 pounds or so, free delivery).

It should arrive tomorrow, I'll let you know my impressions !
I'm both excited to give it a try, and anxious that it could disappoint in any way .

May 21, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #21 of 22
they are excellent from macbook pro (listening to them now that way), I suspect a small dac/amp would even give more speed and space. Going to use the chinese tube dac/amp AUNE T1 in a minute:)

Jun 9, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #22 of 22
If anyone has the old headband please contact me and we will modify it for free.  We want to make sure its as durable as possible and we have a new steel part in the headband.  See below.
my email is hello@thinksound.com

Best regards,
Aaron Fournier
President and ceo
thinksound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back