Thinkpad T60 headphone out surprisingly good
Feb 16, 2008 at 5:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cooperpwc

Headphoneus Supremus
I love driving my Darths with my MicroDAC and Millett Hybrid. USB Monica has just shipped. Still I'm sitting here in my favourite local haunt surfing wi-fi and with my Triple-Fi's plugged directly into the Thinkpad's SoundMAX Digital Integrated HD Audio (Analogue Devices, can't figure out which chip). Strong lower end, decent clarity. It's a bit congested but after the nightmare of my previous Toshiba which is what brought me to Head-Fi and my (now retired) Total Bithead, it's nonetheless nothing short of a relevation.

Anyone else had a positive experience with this?

Feb 16, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #2 of 4
yea, it's a a little known "secret" that apple and IBM have some of the best audio out circuitry in the laptop industry. usually other laptops are not nearly as good.

Feb 16, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 4
With a higher sensitivity headphone you can still hear strange noises with disk activity or even moving the mouse.

For any form of serious listening I still use my old Echo Indigo on my T60.

Cheers

Thomas

Feb 17, 2008 at 10:19 AM Post #4 of 4
I've used T42 as my portable source for years. Sound is little thin, but not as metallic as most of the integrated circuits. Works for a budget very well. I'll get to compare it to 2Move once it arrives which should be next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back