thinking upgrade from triple fi 10 to CM
Dec 10, 2007 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

EvilNOD

New Head-Fier
been using triple fi 10 2 months and dont really like it. try using my port amp (go vibe5) but seems dont improve much. wonder if there any CM thats around 500$ price point.

listen mostly 70's and 80's music. etc.

thanks

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilNOD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
been using triple fi 10 2 months and dont really like it. try using my port amp (go vibe5) but seems dont improve much. wonder if there any CM thats around 500$ price point.

listen mostly 70's and 80's music. etc.

thanks

What don't you like about the UE Triple.fi 10 Pro? One option if you are looking into customs is the LiveWires by EarPeace Technologies which cost $249 + your local cost for impressions. It's a dual-driver model, and most members here have been pretty satisfied with them.

Otherwise, I think some of the other companies like Westone will have single-driver models (ES1?) around the $500 price point. Dual-drivers will tack on another few hundred (a la ES2). The best value is definitely the LiveWires.

Or what you could consider doing is getting a pair of Shure E500/SE530 or Westone UM2 and getting the separate UM56 custom sleeve as an add-on. That should be below your price range as well.

Good luck with your search.

Dec 10, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #5 of 18
Ue still makes the UE-5c for around 550.00 and they sound great. They are just not on thier website.

Dec 10, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #6 of 18
for me triple fi 10 just too big, it dont fit into my ear well.. i try different tips (even the one from my ol e2c) they just lose up and kinda fall out. i use super fi 5 pro for years and never have this problem. maybe this thing is heavier or somthin

on top of it seems dont fit into my ipod g5 well.. with amp there crack noise in extreme low bass due to 128 encode instead of 320.. never have this problem with my super fi 5 pro nor grado.

Dec 10, 2007 at 9:36 AM Post #8 of 18
bass is not the strongest point of the triple fi. customs are great but maybe you should consider something like the se530 or something because you have resale value aswell then.

customs are great but livewires miss the spark of the triple driver IEM's and the ue5c (i loved these) are similar to e500 with a lovely smooth warm sound.

both the triple fi 10 and se530 tho are on par with the likes of ue7's and 10's so to have the same quality sound you will be looking higher priced customs.

once agin the livewires are great but they are a slight downgrade in sound quality from triple fi's

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #9 of 18
problem with shure (at least for me) is cable too easy to crack... it happen 4 times in 2 and half years is unbelievable. does e530 have same problem? buying shure is like rent a car.. need buy new one every 2 years.

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #10 of 18
I would check out the UE customs, you can't go wrong with them. I can not stand the se530 cable when I had my pair, I always felt like it was going to fall apart on me.

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilNOD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
problem with shure (at least for me) is cable too easy to crack... it happen 4 times in 2 and half years is unbelievable. does e530 have same problem? buying shure is like rent a car.. need buy new one every 2 years.

I've never had the shure cables crack on me. I didn't like them at first because there wasn't a memory wire, but they grew on me. Also, I couldn't get the triple fi to stay sealed in my left ear. Try the SE530, the fit is king.
wink.gif

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tipped_Pro95 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never had the shure cables crack on me. I didn't like them at first because there wasn't a memory wire, but they grew on me. Also, I couldn't get the triple fi to stay sealed in my left ear. Try the SE530, the fit is king.
wink.gif

amen to that one and touch wood because i havnt had a problem with shure cables either, it was just the earlier e500 models really tho aswell that had the problem, honestly the fit is amazing with the shure se530, maybe on par with the best fitting IEM so far the westone um2, the super fi and triple fi series have always been a bit hit and miss with design and fit.

ofcourse its all about sound aswell and the e500 and triple fi are 2 very different signatures, the e500 do better bass and mids IMO but the triple fi offer a bit more tingle and sparkle, some will say the triple fi has tighter bass but in reality it isnt tighter its just lighter.

Dec 10, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipacmm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would check out the UE customs, you can't go wrong with them. I can not stand the se530 cable when I had my pair, I always felt like it was going to fall apart on me.

no offense but you seem a little like you would be biased towards ultimate ears as you own only ultimate ears. another reason i say this is because nobody has ever complained that the shure cables seem crappy and flimsy, yes people have noted that there was a early cable cracking problem but thats very few and far between, everyone that has not had the cable crack issue has praised shures thick durable cables and even some has said they are too well built and thick making them heavy and cumbersome.

ue on the other hand has in the past made fairly thin cables (super fi 3-5) which seem flimsy and stiff. and really heavy and too thick (ue11) making them a pain to curve round the ear and handle.

no manufacturer makes perfect cables and cables will be cables most the time and last as long as they are treated well. many people on the other hand praise westone for making thier cables tough because they are wound tightly, those people are not aware that both shure and ultimate ears wound the cables also but cover them with cable covering to stop freying

Dec 10, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no offense but you seem a little like you would be biased towards ultimate ears as you own only ultimate ears. another reason i say this is because nobody has ever complained that the shure cables seem crappy and flimsy, yes people have noted that there was a early cable cracking problem but thats very few and far between, everyone that has not had the cable crack issue has praised shures thick durable cables and even some has said they are too well built and thick making them heavy and cumbersome.

ue on the other hand has in the past made fairly thin cables (super fi 3-5) which seem flimsy and stiff. and really heavy and too thick (ue11) making them a pain to curve round the ear and handle.

no manufacturer makes perfect cables and cables will be cables most the time and last as long as they are treated well. many people on the other hand praise westone for making thier cables tough because they are wound tightly, those people are not aware that both shure and ultimate ears wound the cables also but cover them with cable covering to stop freying

I am not biased towards UE, I owned a pair of the SE530's and they were great earphones but I just am not a fan of their cable. It wasnt because of the cracking it was just the feel and the 2-part connector on it. The UE cables used to be thin, same goes with the new 4's but now I think the new cables on the 5's and 3's are a lot better then the old ones.

Dec 10, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #15 of 18
Take a look at Westone UM56 (its not a headphone, but merely a very nice accessory to start you off). Try to up your sampling significantly (obviously getting new digital files will be necessary). You will experience very major improvements in soundquality when going from 128 and up to around 256 (don't have to go to 320).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back