Thinking of Supplementing my MS-1's with an IEM
Feb 3, 2008 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

drkphoenix

New Head-Fier
[size=small]I am thinking of supplementing--not replacing, just giving myself another option to work with--my Alessandro MS-1's with an IEM. I wont spend over 200. I read a ton of threads that were essentially "best IEM under 150," "best IEM under 100" and "IEM substitutes for grado." I want to stray as little as possible from MS-1 sound.

I'm only considering this purchase because I use my babies on the streets and on the bus in the heart of the twin cities. I bug others (to a small degree) and they bug me (to a larger extent). Also, to block the noise, I have to crank up my unamped iPod to levels that leave my ears ringing. I tried the Shure E4c's long ago and couldn't get a good seal or decent comfort so I started looking at the Sennheiser PXC-300's. Then I heard that ANC headphones dont focus on sounding good and focus pretty exclusively on the ANC technologies whiich are worse than isolation anyway. Thats why I am reconsidering IEM's.

When I looked at other threads they said the grado substitute are the Jays series. More, specifically, they recommend Q-Jays. I am skeptical though as I had not heard much on them compared to the ones I hear about most on this forum: SHURE, Etymotics Research, and Ultimate Ears. Are the Q-Jays going to be the most satisfactory if I consider MS-1's divine?

Thanks
[/size]

Feb 3, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 2
I'm looking for IEMs myself and I think I made up my mind.
I currently own a pair of MS2s and I can't stand them because of my odd-shaped head. I looked into shures, UE's, and Ety's but I decided upon livewires - as soon as my credit card balanced, I'm going to order a pair
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back