Thinking of selling my westone 3's
Dec 28, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #17 of 30
Dec 28, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by kshelton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have much knowledge on high end IEM. But can I make a suggestion please. I was shocked at how much better my Cowon S9 sounds over an ipod... Even if you get a new phones you should seriously consider checking out the S9. Cowon is famous for there audio quality and the S9 is king. (in my opinion)

Amazon.com: Cowon S9 32 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black): Electronics

I fixed it for you.

Dec 28, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #20 of 30
Your X-10 you can try what I had to do once. Soak the IEM in 99% isopropyl alchohol overnight, then take out and let evaporate a few hours. I lost a pair of IEM's once and found them a week later in a mud puddle (it was raining the whole week), I cleaned them up with running water and did not work. I used the alchohol and then they worked. They were dynamic drivers and did not sound exactly the same afterwards, but they sounded great considering what happened.

Dec 28, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #21 of 30
Get the IE8s!
I got the IE8 first then auditioned the W3, thinking that I may have made a wrong call. In the first few seconds of listening I immediately knew that the IE8 was the better phone for me.
Like what others have said, try returning it. If you can't trade it for the IE8s.

Beyond sound quality, I personally favour build design and quality, and IE8 cables are replacable.

Dec 28, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modifiedz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your X-10 you can try what I had to do once. Soak the IEM in 99% isopropyl alchohol overnight, then take out and let evaporate a few hours. I lost a pair of IEM's once and found them a week later in a mud puddle (it was raining the whole week), I cleaned them up with running water and did not work. I used the alchohol and then they worked. They were dynamic drivers and did not sound exactly the same afterwards, but they sounded great considering what happened.

LOL.......Like we engineers always say, how could I have broken it if you sent me to fix it? Can't break it any worse than it is.. Actually, if it worked, maybe the armerature wouldn't be affescted as much as a dynamic, Don't get me thinking man! it hurts!

Dec 28, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by heathbar001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fx 500, I have not seen this one. Who makes it? does it have more bass than the ie8 or the image x10? If it does, I might have to pull the trigger on this one.....

The fx500 have the same bass as ie8 but with much much better definition,accuracy,impact,it goes very very deep and it feels real like.the mids are fantastic and they sound very real.it's an excellent iem all around.
Quote:

Originally Posted by UniversalRemonster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why spend money on those when the upgraded model comes out soon?

How do you know that there would be much difference between between the fx500 and fx700?the price of the fx700 will be $330 and it won't come till February and the OP wants iems now!the fx500 fits his needs and will suit him wonderfully.

Dec 28, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #25 of 30
For overall bass impact yes,for SQ no I prefer my ie8.i recomended the fx500 because it seems from your posts that the most important thing for you is bass,which the fx500 does better than the ie8 that's for sure.second,you said you like treble and clear mids.the ie8 presentation is laid back and spacious..very big soundstage and air in the music and it is a dark phone,instruments sound thick due to the midbass hump which masks the mids a bit so the guitar for example will sound thicker but with more crunch.the fx500 on the other hand is a bright phone,very transparent and clear with plenty of treble and energy,the soundstage is not like the ie8 it is smaller but instrument seperation is excellent,you just lose air and sense of space that you feel with the ie8.as for the mids,they are a little bit more forward than the ie8 and feel real as I said before.vocals in the ie8 are better because they are full bodied and thick and female vocals sound out of the world with them,while the fx500 vocals sound thin and sometimes sibilant especially with female vocals.if the bass and instruments and treble is your priorety,go for the fx500,anything else go for the ie8.I like my ie8 much better than the fx500 because the most important thing for me is soundstage,air and vocals.

Dec 28, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

fx 500, I have not seen this one. Who makes it? does it have more bass than the ie8 or the image x10? If it does, I might have to pull the trigger on this one.....

It's a Japanese IEM manufactured by JVC.Victor for the Japanese domestic market. However, it is available for purchase from online sellers such as SEYO-shop.com. There's a thread dedicated to it in this forum; just use the search function for FX500.

It's a dynamic driver IEM and what makes it interesting is that it utilises a beechwood driver. The sound signature is notable for its crystalline highs, recessed mids and deep bass. The bass goes deeper than the IE8's, which has more mid-bass. I'll add the standard caveat here - "in my opinion".

If the FX500 doesn't satisfy a bass-head, I don't know what would.

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #27 of 30
Well thanks guys for all the input. Just to give you an update, I have sold the W3s. and have ordered both the FX500s and the CKS70s. I will let you know what I think of them. If i can find a pair of IE8s at a good price I might just go for them too. I will find the perfect IEM for my ears, OH YES I WILL........:ksc75smile

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Well thanks guys for all the input. Just to give you an update, I have sold the W3s. and have ordered both the FX500s and the CKS70s. I will let you know what I think of them. If i can find a pair of IE8s at a good price I might just go for them too. I will find the perfect IEM for my ears, OH YES I WILL........:ksc75smile

hahaha yeah I hope the FX500s fits your pursuit of bass!

and well I'm sure I will be very happy with the W3s too :p!

atsmile.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by wkwong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hahaha yeah I hope the FX500s fits your pursuit of bass!

and well I'm sure I will be very happy with the W3s too :p!

atsmile.gif

Thanks man, I think you will love them. I'm shipping in the morning. and waiting for the next chapter in my anal pursuit of iem perfection.....LOL

Dec 29, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Thanks man, I think you will love them. I'm shipping in the morning. and waiting for the next chapter in my anal pursuit of iem perfection.....LOL

anal pursuit? LOL looking for some IAMs (IN ASS MONITORS)????
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back