Thinking of getting my first set of open back headphones. Looking for wireless low latency.
Sep 16, 2020 at 8:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

elkend

New Head-Fier
I was looking for something that’ll be good for both the PlayStation 5 (Single player games) and my guitar amp. I was thinking Sennheiser 185 because they’re open back and they’re also wireless (RCA abs optical input) with an RF transmitter. But would they be good for my guitar amp (3.5mm to RCA). Not considering wireless are these good headphones?

I’m looking for something where I won’t have to change the patch going from the speaker (two small 3.5” speakers) to the headphones and will give me a more “amp in room” feel than a “headphone” feel.

I’m good with other set up recommendations too. Just trying to figure out something convenient and with a better...soundstage I guess? which is why I’m considering wireless. Should I also get a headphone amp? Would that even work with wireless?

———

I don’t be able to conveniently use the RS 185’s with my piano because of the transmitter, so I‘ll probably keep Bose AE2’s there. I’d like to also get some open headphones here for a more realistic sound, but not sure what I’d get. Wired would probably work here

I currently use two Apple HomePods with my Apple TV for listening to anything they can be played through an Apple TV 4K. I don’t think I can get the PS4 through here without introducing some lag (PS4 -> MacBook -> speakers). But if any advice is here, I’d be open.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back