Thinking of getting an Iaudio X5L. Opinions on a new player?
Apr 22, 2007 at 4:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Vektor

New Head-Fier
I recently got an Iriver H105gb for my friend to replace my old one(which I gave him) and it reminded me just how great that player sounded, better than my new ZVM. I have an opportunity to sell my ZVM and get something different. I know how good Iriver sounds but I'm thinking of trying the Iaudio X5L I've heard its one of the best sounding players out there and they have a stable rockbox for it. I was actually content with the ZVM until I remembered what the Iriver sounded like. Maybe I shoud look at one of the larger capacity Irivers. Video isn't that Important I liked the eyecandy of the ZVM but the chances of me actually watching anything on it are remote. But I use my player 5 days a week for 8 hours at work. Any tips or suggestions very muc appreciated. ~ Mike

Apr 22, 2007 at 10:26 AM Post #2 of 6
If you don't mind the lower screen size/resolution, then the X5 is a great music option. It's sonically superior to the ZVM IMO: the X5 extends more on both ends. With Rockbox it's difficult to get a better digital audio player.

Apr 23, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #3 of 6
I don't watch any movies but I do like to view pictures... maybe the A2. I wonder if it's got SQ equal to the X5 ?

Apr 24, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #5 of 6
I'm going to keep my ZVM I just realized I really like it. It may not sound as good as my old Iriver but I like a lot of it's features, and it does sound good, much better than the Sansa I briefly owned. I started looking and reading reviews last night and realized that I had just done that first with the ZVM and next with my camera. Now is the time when I enjoy and learn to use my new camera.
Thanks for the input however. Sincerely , Mike

Apr 24, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #6 of 6
iAUDIO X5L is highly recommended unless you

1) want to use a headphone amp connected to its line out
2) use it most to watch videos

Sound quality of its headphone out is superior to ipod and other competing players

Users who are viewing this thread

Back