Thinking of getting a Seiko Black/Orange Monster
Nov 5, 2007 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Czilla9000

10 Year Member. Still no custom title.
Hey,

My Invicta 8926's bracelet just broke. I've put the watch through hell. I'm thinking of getting a Seiko Black or Orange Monster. Any suggestions?

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 11
Awesome watch. It's a personal thing - if it grabs you, get it.

If you like the Orange, and feel the need, there's also the Doxa (the REAL dive watch):

pro_main.jpg

and the "Pumpkin" (Planet Ocean) by Omega:

22095000.gif

a. Both are a bit more than a Seiko though.

http://www.doxawatches.com/collection.htm
http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=557

GAD

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 11
The Monster is a fun watch...I have one myself. I actually find myself wearing my Seiko Samurai a LOT more. I would highly suggest giving them a look. IMHO...they are arguably the best deal in the watch world.

The Monsters are nice...but whenever I wear mine, something about it just does not click with me. I think it's just not as clean as I like my pieces to be.

Good luck!

RIDE

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #5 of 11
i almost got an orange monster, but went an entirely different direction instead.

personally, i prefer the monster to the samurai.

Nov 5, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #6 of 11
I had both the Samurai and Monster. They are very different IMO.

The Samurai is Titanium, so it is very light and scratches quite easily. Yes the scratches self-heal, blahblahblah, but the watch was still constantly showing scratches. The light weight gave it a toy-like feeling to me.

The Monster is big, heavy and bold. It feels like you could drive a tank over it and it would be fine. To me, the quality/price ratio was better. The Monster is also more unique and eyecatching. As you can guess, I liked the Monster a lot more.

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #7 of 11
I like the black, but I wouldn't go for the orange. Orange is one of those colors that your tastes can change on, and you might end up disliking over time. Stick with the classics: silver, black, gold.

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #8 of 11
Bear in mind that you can also get a Samurai in stainless steel...I know, I have one. I own a ti version as well and find the scratching issue to be a very minor one...not much different than SS. Plus as ti oxidizes over time, the minor scratches tend to dissapear.

Either way...the choice is yours. I think that either the Monster or Samurai will suite you well.

RIDE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back