Thinking of getting a DAC for my laptop to use with my Shure se215 earphones
Dec 14, 2015 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

AviP

100+ Head-Fier
1. Will I notice a difference? It's a crappy Lenovo laptop with not so good sound quality.
2. I was debating what DAC to get. What do you think of the Fiio E07K? It gives me the ability to have a portable amp as a bonus (Do I even need this?).
3. Is the E07K overkill for my earphones? Is there something else I should consider instead (Fiio K1?)? Something cheaper?
Thanks!

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #2 of 4
You should most definitely notice a difference. At the top of the sub-forum check out the "Sub $X Portable Amp Shootout" threads for a lot of great comparisons and info. Anything should be better than onboard laptop sound but you can see how to best spend your money.

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #3 of 4
Would I also notice a difference if I used it with my LG G3? (Not rooted, does it need to be?)
I also want to be sure that these are differences that would be noticeable with my Shure se215's.
Thanks again!

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #4 of 4
Would I also notice a difference if I used it with my LG G3? (Not rooted, does it need to be?)
I also want to be sure that these are differences that would be noticeable with my Shure se215's.
Thanks again!

Maybe. I don't know about the DAC in the G3 but cell phones DACs have been getting better. That being said, a discrete DAC will probably be even better still. I use the Schiit Modi 2 Uber from my phone (Nexus 6P) over USB which would bypass the phone DAC. This makes your source a preamp at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back