Thinking of buying my first good watch...pro's and cons?
Oct 20, 2006 at 1:54 PM Post #76 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
i think people assume my rolex is fake as well, just because of my age. Regardless of the fact that it is actually fake, it looks identical to a real one!

Most people wear the $30 fakes which are a dead giveaway if you know your Rolex models. But I've seen some expensive (say $200) fakes that could nearly pass for the real thing unless you compared them side by side and inspected them very closely. But you can always tell if you know what to look for.

For the most part, you are right, I assume most people's Rolexs are fake unless the person is an older age. I look younger than I am so I wouldn't be surprised if somebody assumed mine was fake.

Oct 20, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #77 of 82
why oh why did i have to click in this thread...

you guys have me looking at watches now...
mad.gif

Oct 21, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #79 of 82
I think you made the perfect choice. I think it that is a really classy timepiece for anybody old and young.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3
I have made my choice. I decided that at my age wearing a $1000 watch doesn't make sense for the following reasons:

1. Everyone would think it was fake and I was pretending to be rich
2. Everyone would think I was rich
3. Most expensive watches are huge for my wrist
4. An Omega and jeans and a T-Shirt on a 18yr old would look rather foolish.

Perhaps when I graduate college I will buy a top of the line one.

While I most certainly do appreciate the finer aspects of watches and watch design (been spending a lot of time at timezone lately) it just doesn't make sense to own one at this time.

I will go with the 2 watches however - one leather and one metal band. I took a trip to local dealers tonight, and let me tell you, the quality of the Tissot's for the money was astounding. They looked and felt perfectly at home next to the Tags. I have ordered the leather watch tonight with overnight shipping, for a whopping total of $184. What an incredible deal.

Here is my choice (the excellent photo is borrowed, mine is not here yet)

1582tissot_s.JPG

Oct 21, 2006 at 10:37 AM Post #80 of 82
get 2 watches. brown leather strap for brown shoes/belt day and black leather strap for black shoes/belt day. match buckle color to watch case color.

or just silver metal bracelet if you must have one

Oct 21, 2006 at 12:20 PM Post #82 of 82
Excellent choice on the Tissot. At 18 that watch will last you a long time. When I graduated from HS I got a Swiss Army(almost 20 yrs ago) and I wore it everyday until my 30th bday.(I work in the restaurant business and the Swiss Army never skipped a beat!!) when I bought myself a Tag(which I love). I still have the Swiss army and it still keeps perfect time. I will probably give it to my son when he gets a bit older, the only problem with an expensive watch is they are expensive to maintain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back