Thinking about which earphones to bring to new york
Mar 31, 2017 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

VocaloidDude

500+ Head-Fier
I decided I'd bring the trinity atlas and the echobox finderX1. I want to take the meelectronics pinnacle p1, but I was thinking about what they said on their website about them not working well directly out of a phone, and requiring more power to work. So I guess I'll leave those at home, although I will miss them dearly. 

Mar 12, 2022 at 5:07 AM Post #2 of 5
Personally I would bring 2 types of IEMs to New York.

1) One with good noise isolation for subways. New York City subways can be annoyingly noisy. It’s not smooth like the ones you see like in Japan for example. So any good IEM with good noise reduction.

2) A good IEM where you can hear street traffic. Overall, New York is safe when it comes to street traffic but you still want to make sure that you can hear cars when crossing the street.

One suggestion:

In my opinion, it’s not good to listen to earphones in busy midtown areas where it’s crowded. It’s better to listen on quieter streets so you can focus on the music better.

Mar 12, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #3 of 5
If you happen to be walking on 110th street in the Harlem area, don’t forget to listen to the song called Across 110th Street.

The song will match your location.

Mar 14, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 5
Personally I would bring 2 types of IEMs to New York.

1) One with good noise isolation for subways. New York City subways can be annoyingly noisy. It’s not smooth like the ones you see like in Japan for example. So any good IEM with good noise reduction.

2) A good IEM where you can hear street traffic. Overall, New York is safe when it comes to street traffic but you still want to make sure that you can hear cars when crossing the street.

One suggestion:

In my opinion, it’s not good to listen to earphones in busy midtown areas where it’s crowded. It’s better to listen on quieter streets so you can focus on the music better.
Thats a reasonable comment. Agree!

Apr 9, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #5 of 5
I forgot to mention to bring a good external battery.

If you’re out all day texting, sending email and listening to music, it can drain your iPhone battery.

It can be hard to find a place to charge your phone in the city. A good external battery brings peace of mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back