Thinking about Cowon X7
Oct 18, 2012 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dimmy

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I hadn't seen anything talked about this recently, so I thought I'd ask for some help.

My iPod was stolen from a venue I was playing a show at and I'm looking to replace it. I hate the sound quality coming from my iPod. My cell phone has way better output and it's really kind of annoying.

My question is, If you don't really care about playlists, just about pressing play on an album and listening to it through, is an X7 a bad choice? I don't really use playlists, video, or anything else on my iPod (when I had one), just usually scroll through albums and press play. Would a Cowon be a bad choice for me in this case?

Thank you for any help you can give me! I'm really worried about fronting the money for it if the thing just doesn't work.

Ryan

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #2 of 5
The Cowon X7 is great sounding DAPs with large screen and it has lots of features include EQ like Cowon famous for it's clean EQ setting to use with different music genres and they all sound amazing. The other DAPs like HiFiman HM-602 has great soundquality without using EQ and accept SD cards to increase memory and Andriod based Sony F, Z series walkmen ( they have WM-Port to use with external AMPs), Samsung Galaxy 4.2 are great upgrade over iPods because different andriod APPs like Neutron, Power AMPs helps to increase soundquality.

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #3 of 5
Hmm... Interesting. Okay, so it sounds like I have other options then. The only problem that I have is that I need a player with ~160GB. I didn't say that prior, so I apologize, but I think that might be a limitation in choosing an option that isn't the Cowon.

Are there any other options that will meet these needs? Plus, I really don't want to support Apple anymore. I hate the fact that you can't turn off the iPod when it freezes for example. There are some design flaws that are really irritating in that respect.

Knowing the space issue, does that change my options? I couldn't find anything else that had anything close to this amount of space, even with SD cards and the such... but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. Any ideas?

Oct 18, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #4 of 5
i am very happy with mine; large capacity, insansely good battery life, eq that even a hard core audiophile like me can use on occasion, and very good drive capability.  highly recommended.

Oct 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the reply both of you! I think I'll probably end up getting one now. I'm pretty confident the UI won't be half as bad as described. Even if it is a little funky, so long as I can play an album without issue, I don't really care. Sounds like it's perfect for me
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back