Thinking about buying an used Sennheiser HD600
Nov 11, 2014 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kilspeed111

Aka: Esme
Hey guys!

I'm thinking about buying a Sennheiser HD600, and found a great deal on the Deutsch Ebay, here's the link:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Sennheiser-HD-600-Kopfbugel-Kopfhorer-Blue-Steel-/251709265491?pt=Kopfh%C3%B6rer&hash=item3a9b0a9653

Although, when I translated the description, I saw that the headphone is already over 10 years old, but that it's still in great condition.

Would it be wise to buy it?

Thanks in advance!

Nov 11, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 5
10 year old HD600 but 'never been used'?
I think there are some headphone enthusiasts in Germany who would love to get their hands on an early production HD600.
I would guess the final price for these will go up quite a lot... maybe even more than a new one today if a couple of enthusiasts get into a bidding war.

I wouldn't have too much hope for getting this one at a bargain.

But if it was ignored and you got it for that price. I don't see any problem with that.
I think some early HD600's had problems with the plastic headbands snapping/cracking. 
It might be worth researching into that a bit.

Nov 11, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 5
  10 year old HD600 but 'never been used'?
I think there are some headphone enthusiasts in Germany who would love to get their hands on an early production HD600.
I would guess the final price for these will go up quite a lot... maybe even more than a new one today if a couple of enthusiasts get into a bidding war.

I wouldn't have too much hope for getting this one at a bargain.

But if it was ignored and you got it for that price. I don't see any problem with that.
I think some early HD600's had problems with the plastic headbands snapping/cracking. 
It might be worth researching into that a bit.

I see, thank you very much. It's 2 days in and no-one has made an offer yet. I'm the only one at the moment.. Hopefully it stays this way, haha!

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 5

I'm thinking about buying a Sennheiser HD600, and found a great deal on the Deutsch Ebay, here's the link:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Sennheiser-HD-600-Kopfbugel-Kopfhorer-Blue-Steel-/251709265491?pt=Kopfh%C3%B6rer&hash=item3a9b0a9653

Although, when I translated the description, I saw that the headphone is already over 10 years old, but that it's still in great condition.

I bought a four year old, barely used HD600 back in 2010.* Given that's an older unit, I wouldn't hesitate to get it for...erm...subjective reasons; however when I got mine I made sure to factor in the cost of earpads and headband pad, so that the total price even with little use would still be well below a new one. I paid the equivalent of $180, then ordered the earpads and headband for $75 plus some shipping. It might just be the climate here (higher humidity and temps) so the pads on that unit might be in a lot better condition. Basically, hold off on getting the pads until you inspect and listen to it - if the sound is too dark and some notes sound too sharp, replace the earpads.

*I wanted it since it first came out, but at the time I was more into speakers, with no need to compromise for noise; I only shifted when I gave up on the acoustics of the only room I can use it in

Nov 13, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 5

I bought a four year old, barely used HD600 back in 2010.* Given that's an older unit, I wouldn't hesitate to get it for...erm...subjective reasons; however when I got mine I made sure to factor in the cost of earpads and headband pad, so that the total price even with little use would still be well below a new one. I paid the equivalent of $180, then ordered the earpads and headband for $75 plus some shipping. It might just be the climate here (higher humidity and temps) so the pads on that unit might be in a lot better condition. Basically, hold off on getting the pads until you inspect and listen to it - if the sound is too dark and some notes sound too sharp, replace the earpads.

*I wanted it since it first came out, but at the time I was more into speakers, with no need to compromise for noise; I only shifted when I gave up on the acoustics of the only room I can use it in

Thanks for your input!

I just came to an agreement with the selller.. Kind of.
He doesn't want to accept PayPal, so I'm not buying it anymore. But I already found a HD650 for 168 euro's, which is also an extremely good deal in my opinion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back