thinking about a new amp, $1200 max
Jul 27, 2004 at 2:06 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteeleBlayde
Are these upgrades for the PPA or the singlepowers?

Actually the PPA will be going through a Giant Revision here pretty soon with certain obvious changes integrated into the board, and thus my favorite with the ability to use all the new super-spec'ed opamps coming out, eg ad8099 analogdevices new darling with Unprecedented specs. Whether this version will be available to the DIY community or not, i dont know, and the timeframe for its release is also unknown for the moment. The PPA is a fine amp, for detail and pure speed, its unmatched, at least mine is, shoot the laroccoaudio.net guys an email if your interested.

Jul 27, 2004 at 4:31 PM Post #17 of 20
try the wooaudio 2,it's $1100 . www.wooaudio.com
600smile.gif

Jul 27, 2004 at 5:11 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiberian
ok so i checked out the site...
what upgrades should i get?

I would get either the stage one or two solen caps upgrade. The Goldpoint stepped atten. and the Neutrik headphone jack.

Jul 28, 2004 at 4:18 AM Post #20 of 20
I have the RP5 Reference and absolutely love the quality of sound I get from it through my Senn 600's. Nicola has the RP5 S.E. (which I wasn't aware of when I purchased my unit). I haven't heard the S.E. but expect that it is a worthy upgrade. It's in your price range and would be one heck of an addition to your system.

I wish gsferrari were here (rather than on holiday in India) so that he could chime in as well about the sound qualities of the Rudistor amps.

Best to you in whatever decision you make.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back