Think I need DAC advice
Sep 23, 2011 at 12:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

HyperM3

100+ Head-Fier
So I recently put together a system downstairs in my living room. I have a Krell-300i amp connected to Totem Hawks. I love my system and its perfectly what I was looking for. I have my TV connected to the Krell via analog out so I can watch my shows in more full sound.

I also had my TV hooked up this way so I could stream Pandora through it. The Krell also has a direct connection for an iPod.

I just picked up a new Logitech Touch so I could remove the streaming from my TV and iPod connect and have it direct in from one source.

I dont feel like Im getting the best sound out of the streaming of my iTunes(which are all in lossless) or the internet radio.

I am now considering adding a DAC to the equation but am not sure what Im looking for. I would like to remove the connection from my TV and go directly out from my cable box now if possible.

Are there DAC's with more than one input at a time? I think Id like to keep my budget less than $500 but wouldnt shy away from one around $150 if it was a significant improvement.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Sep 25, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 5
Schiit Bifrost, its 349 without usb

Sep 25, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Schiit Bifrost, its 349 without usb

Hmm, that looks promising. Dumb question...Can I connect one device via optical and another via coax so that I have two devices into the unit at once? Im really looking to connect my logitech touch and cable box at the same time.

Sep 26, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Hmm, that looks promising. Dumb question...Can I connect one device via optical and another via coax so that I have two devices into the unit at once? Im really looking to connect my logitech touch and cable box at the same time.

Absolutely... then you use the selector in front of the Bifrost to choose the source..... In fact, you may have tree input sources... Coax, optical and USB....

Denys

Sep 26, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Absolutely... then you use the selector in front of the Bifrost to choose the source..... In fact, you may have tree input sources... Coax, optical and USB....

Denys

Awesome! Ok, looks like Im getting on that order list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back