Things You Like Most About Your Current Headphones?
Nov 19, 2004 at 9:12 AM Post #16 of 27
It is early days for me in this funky backwater of A/V geekdom and I love it. The Sennheiser HD600 is the only 'quality' headphone I have owned. I bought a Senn 120 (?) in the late 1980s, which I used with my first CD player, a Sharp getto blaster believe it or not.

The HD600 has reaquainted me with the joys of headphone listening. Because my flatmates tend to go to bed early, I was having music listening withdrawl symptoms, so I lugged my spare stereo amp and CD player into my bedroom and started using the 120s. Well that was OK for a few days but I knew there had to be better headphones out there. Plus I had more money now since I was no longer a poor student, ha-ha.

So my headphones let me hear more music than I could on my lounge room surround system. Actually, I now spend a lot more time in my bedroom than before! Oh, I also watch movies late at night with the headphones. All in all they have improved the homebody part of my lifestyle a quite a bit.

lambda.gif

Nov 19, 2004 at 11:21 AM Post #17 of 27
MS-1s
What I like most, the fact that they're mine!
biggrin.gif

Also,
they are lightweight
look good on me
upfront sound, but not too much treble
do just about everything well except classical

PX100
Small and comfy

MX500
Warm sound
even smaller

Nov 19, 2004 at 12:07 PM Post #18 of 27
HD650:

Detail in the music, and they are comfy.
I know people complain about the pressure they put on your head but its not a problem for me, after a while its hard to notice I have them on unless I try to scratch my ear
tongue.gif

I cant stand to listen to speakers anymore (Mainly my car). The music is just too different.

Nov 19, 2004 at 6:21 PM Post #19 of 27
I love absolutly everything about my Shure E5's. They are virtually indestructable, sound amazing from any source, and isolate the sound compleatly from whoever your sitting next to. They are also the ultimate in portability, I can stick them and my ipod mini in my pocket and not even know they are there.

Nov 19, 2004 at 8:38 PM Post #20 of 27
K271: Sound very good and have stopped me from wanting another set of headphones, at least for a while.

E2c: Blocks out lots of noise and sound pretty decent, best truly portable cans I've had so far.

Nov 19, 2004 at 9:21 PM Post #22 of 27
HD590: Really, really comfy. I'd wear them as earmuffs if I could. Love the bass too - bit bloated but oh-so-strong. Add some EQ, and they start jumping off your head. And did I mention they're comfy? Best earpads I've seen yet.

Stax SR-001 Mk II: There's one thing I don't understand: this thing sounds as good as much more expensive dynamic+amp combos, offering superior detail and transparency to any headphone+amp combo in it's price range ($240 from audiocubes), and yet so few people know about it. In terms of sound quality, this is a really, really killer product (slightly rolled-off treble aside). Oh yeah, great bass too, but needs EQ and a good source to bring it out. I've got 590's, 595's, and some pretty good speakers sitting around, and all of them are pretty much collecting dust now that the Stax moved in.

I really like the fact that it's not a flashy system at all. I can sit anywhere listening to it without attracting attention, and all those spiky-haired raver kids with their "cool" stock white i-pod buds have no idea what they're missing. Hard to keep the smirk off my face.

Nov 19, 2004 at 10:59 PM Post #23 of 27
Sennheiser HD590: really comfortable compared with some very entry consumer level crap headphones and much more comfortable than Alessandro MS-1.

Alessandro MS-1: lovely sound

Since I have no experience with other high-fi or high-end stuffs, I can only say something of what I have.

Nov 20, 2004 at 12:37 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
D66: Go loud as hell on anything.

High fives EJ915

D66: comfortable, little, bass that pounds your noodle.

That fireworks MP3 with these cans is just too cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back