Thin sound with Lynx L22 (well in my system...) I'm sad :(
May 17, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #16 of 23
I will recommend that he get rid of the amp, if there is any headphone that has the remotest hint of synergy with the Xcans V3, it is the HD 650, anything else will only stink further.
Of course going to the DT770 will provide the needed bass but the amp is still wanting in terms of performance. A decent amp like a PPA will do a world of good.

May 17, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #18 of 23
Okay, looks like either my amp or my phones, or a combination of both aint good.

What would be a better amp (make, model name) and what would be better phones or what is a good combination? I want something that is considered really good, but no fantasy prices (not really really expensive). Dont' get me wrong, I'm not just looking for bass! If this is how it should sound then I'm satisfied, I want that thing called hifi
blink.gif
. I'm not gonna go buy it right away, considering that my phones and the amp isn't burned in (if there's really something like a burn in period....I have no experience of this) yet and I'll have to use them a little more first, and it also costs quite a lot. Electronics and most other stuff are so much more expensive in Sweden than for example Germany or not to mention USA. But that's not my main "problem". If I really have a problem. Gaah, I can't visit that hifi shop before friday and hear what their gear sound like
plainface.gif

And thanks, my mother tonmgue is Swedish as someone already pointed out
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2005 at 12:33 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonta_dj
What is ya8282 actually saying?

Why would anyone want 3 or 4 or 5 soundcards if they are all worse than 1 other card?

To clarify, read your earlier post right above mine:

Quote:

I thought it wold be better to buy a good sound card directly than buying a cheaper card and then a more expensive one and then another one.... It's also cheaper

Quote:

Is it my amp that isn't the best one or are there maybe better phones? Isn't my soundcard considered quite good?

Apparently not by your standards and current setup. But at least you are growing on it.

Edit: Thanks cris.rodrigo for explaining my point in the interim!

May 17, 2005 at 12:57 PM Post #21 of 23
Just to clearify, I don't want a sound that just sounds good to me (something that just I like), I actually want a sound that is as natural as possible, without being ridiculious (spelling?) expensive. If this means a totally different bass and also less bass than what i'm used to (with my other soundcards) then it's fine
580smile.gif
I'm maybe just not used to it. I haven't yet really compared my setup with different gear so I don't really know what other stuff sound like.

Still though, people in the other forum (of this site) say that the X-Can V3 is considered to not have so much bass...

May 17, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #22 of 23
Try searching the forum for the Woo 3. You could also buy a Supermacro V3 with a bass boost button. Even more, get a different opamp for it, one that is heavy on the bass. With an opamp that emphasized the bass and the bass button on the V3, I think that might be plenty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back