thin enameled copper cables: i think they sound great
Sep 8, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #16 of 19
i have a solder pot and flux. i know how to use it as well. i thought you have to tin the entire length of the cable. just the ends? if that is the case no problem. i can get this wire locally. i'll do it tomorrow if i just have to tin the ends.

this is better than the solid single conductor? as i mentioned i can get an assembled cable of 3 litz conductors with a shield and dielectric for $3 a foot. i suppose with that you just tin the ends. i would have thought the solid conductor was better.

edit: wouldn't this litz cable be like a smaller guage version of the stock cable on phones like the k701's? is this actually any good or am i sacrificing size for sound quality?

thanks,
music_man

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #17 of 19
i got the 3 conductor litz cable today. the outside of the cable is about the size of a 12awg wire. it sounds fine. for some reason the mogami ruined my sound. maybe bad soldering. anyways, i am much happier with the thinner cable. i'm done messing with this pair. i am happy with the size of the cable and the sound.

music_man

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got the 3 conductor litz cable today. the outside of the cable is about the size of a 12awg wire. it sounds fine. for some reason the mogami ruined my sound. maybe bad soldering. anyways, i am much happier with the thinner cable. i'm done messing with this pair. i am happy with the size of the cable and the sound.

Coolness!

Though what do you mean exactly by 3 conductor litz cable? Do you mean it's made up of three solid core conductors, or it's made up of three litz wires?

k

Sep 12, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #19 of 19
sorry i didn't see your question. it is 3 seperate "wires" ie, left,right,ground. each of the three wire "assemblys" is made of 20 thin solid wires braided together and inside a plastic jacket. there is a shield and a pvc jacket for all three wires. they sound fine to me. the outside of the cable is about the size of a 12awg wire. very easy to drape as i rest as long as i do not get strangeld
wink.gif

music_man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back