thin 3.5mm stereo extention cable (male<->female)
Aug 9, 2009 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

togiff

Head-Fier
I'm looking for a light weight / thin and fairly flexible 3.5mm stereo extention cable, perhaps something similar to the skimpu cable that Westone uses on their W3. At least a few feet in length. Any recommendations?

Aug 9, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 7
Aug 9, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DIY 3.5 stereo plug (neutriks or Switchcraft) > Mogami 2901 Lapel Mic Wire > 3.5 femal jack (nuetriks or Canare). <20.00 for material and 45 mins of work.

2901 is built for flexibility not sound quality. I'd recommend the op just go with a pre-built OEM like Lil' Knight suggested as there'll be little difference in sound quality.

Aug 9, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #5 of 7
Please allow me to disagree with you about the SQ of the 2901. True it can't compete with larger gauge wires but it's still quite repectable in my book. But ultimately the OP would probably be best off getting Lil Knight's recommendation if for no other reason, the convenience of ready made.
I just like to entice people into DIY projects when they are are so easy.

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #7 of 7
To each his own. I've heard and worked with W2901 and didn't care for it. I believe even Mogami themselves state that the wire was built to offer more flexibility while sacrificing some sound quality. For what it's worth though, I've never been a fan of 30awg wire so it may be a personal preference thing. I guess for a short 3.5mm extension, wire choice probably wouldn't make too much of a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back