Thievery Corporation
Jan 23, 2007 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

nelda

Member of the Trade: i-enjoy.com.au
I pick this "band" just for fun and it sounds pretty descent.
The album is "The Mirror Conspiracy". Anyone in here heard of these guys before?

Jan 23, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 24
yup.
img02961sg.jpg

i saw it at my local record store for 5.99 and had to grab it.

i think they're more than decent haha. they're awesome.

Jan 23, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 24
ive been listening to them over the past couple years, and my interest has really gone on and off. I am kinda indifferent when it comes to electronica/down tempo, it all depends on the mood im in. Either way, theivery is one of the best groups in there genre! Versions is their new cd.

Jan 23, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #5 of 24
yes. they are on my short list of acts i heard on kexp.org that i mean to check out.

Jan 23, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 24
I like "The Mirror Conspiracy" the best of their albums. I was excited to see them live last year, but ended up being disappointed. This was at the Hollywood Bowl, so they might be better at a smaller venue.

Bryan

Jan 24, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #7 of 24
Thievery Corporation is great, one of my favourite. I have everything they have released but haven't had the pleasure of seeing them live yet. Richest Man in Babylon or The Cosmic Game are good choices for a second album to get, but they are all good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #9 of 24
Yup... good stuff.

On a related note, for Christmas a few years back I received a variety of albums from my parents, one of them being The Mirror Conspiracy. My sister, who is also a Thievery Corp fan, noticed and mentioned that her ex-boyfriend is actually Rob Garza's cousin.

Freaky.

Jan 24, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by antiant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes...i have most of their stuff, i believe

Yes me too!!! Great stuff indeed. Turns out the lead singer has moved to our sunny!
blink.gif
town...Something to do with her boyfriend I hear...There has been one show (that I know of anyways) in town, but, alas! I was unable to attend...However the year is yet young...and I always live in hope
icon10.gif

Jan 24, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by NacMacFeegle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes me too!!! Great stuff indeed. Turns out the lead singer has moved to our sunny!
blink.gif
town...Something to do with her boyfriend I hear...There has been one show (that I know of anyway) in town, but, alas! I was unable to attend...However the year is yet young...and I allways live in hope
icon10.gif

hey nac! long time no see
cool.gif
i'm actually listening to some thievery right now atm

Jan 24, 2007 at 1:47 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by antiant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey nac! long time no see
cool.gif
i'm actually listening to some thievery right now atm

Hiya Ant..
Yup been busy of late, so mainly a lurker. I should probably post my latest gets in the World thread..Vas, Natacha Atlas to name some...
Back OT...nineohtoo..The Garden State OST (remarkable for such an iffy movie..but I digress) is a very good set of songs..maybe you should try out the new Shins cd too.

Jan 24, 2007 at 2:32 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My sister, who is also a Thievery Corp fan, noticed and mentioned that her ex-boyfriend is actually Rob Garza's cousin.

Freaky.

On a similar note, a friend of mine used to date Esthero in highschool. Too bad she sucks now.
tongue.gif

Still, her first album was great.
cool.gif

NacMacFeegle - Lead singer?
confused.gif

floydenheimer - Cinematic Orchestra is great. Not really too similar, but I agree that most thievery corporation fans would probably enjoy them. Another band like that is Nightmares on Wax. Very different, but fast becoming a favourite of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back