ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 15, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #2,267 of 4,752
After hearing Moondrop is on EST project with their one giant industry benchmark blessing2, I’m debating myself to looking forward some Oracle/Excalibur owner to have a comparison. I just went DunuSA6, so my next target is $450-550 EST zone, Thieaudio Ocracle/Excalibur, Moondrop (rough guess: Blessing 3 or Blessing EST) B-EST, Tri Starshine, DUNU EST112.

Also I hears on KZ threas that KZ is working on an affordable EST project which is interesting enough too.

May 15, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #2,268 of 4,752
DUNU EST112
Have not heard my Oracle yet(or Clair/Mon/Ex), but I was very disappointed by EST112. :frowning2: Tri Starlight 4, on the other hand, has the best "high-end" sounding treble/detail/realism I've heard so far, unquestionably. Though they can get pretty sharp, and the bass is nothing special. S4 is a big, bulky IEM, and EST112 was even bigger, and did not fit well at all.

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #2,269 of 4,752
If this has previouslybeen discussed, I somehow missed it. Does anyone know exactly how the BAs are arranged in the Monarch and Clairvoyance? I know some BAs are dedicated to bass, along with the DD. Also, does anyone know the brand/make of the BAs (Sonion, vs Knowles, vs Bellsing)?

May 15, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #2,270 of 4,752
Have not heard my Oracle yet(or Clair/Mon/Ex), but I was very disappointed by EST112. :frowning2: Tri Starlight 4, on the other hand, has the best "high-end" sounding treble/detail/realism I've heard so far, unquestionably. Though they can get pretty sharp, and the bass is nothing special. S4 is abig, bulky IEM, and EST112 was even bigger, and did not fit well at all.
Yea after seeing many reviews, EST112 is almost out of my candidates. I can see 4EST Starlight might bring great sense of resolving capabilities but yea maybe a bit overwhelmed sometime. Monarch meanwhile after finding right ear tips CP360 for me, has best tuned treble for EST IEMs I own.

My overall sound signature presentation is
Bass: Moondrop Aria(LCP driver) & MEST MKII’s bone conduction
Mid : Softears RSV / Moondrop Dusk, both got Softears customed MID-BA
Treble: Monarch’s EST tuning
Air : Anole VX’s Penultimate layering

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #2,271 of 4,752
If this has previouslybeen discussed, I somehow missed it. Does anyone know exactly how the BAs are arranged in the Monarch and Clairvoyance? I know some BAs are dedicated to bass, along with the DD. Also, does anyone know the brand/make of the BAs (Sonion, vs Knowles, vs Bellsing)?
Curious about this too. All BA config and OEMs are not disclosed.
It’s probably customized of those OEM, and to me it doesn’t sound like Sonion BA, more of Knowles type flavors.

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #2,272 of 4,752
(rough guess: Blessing 3 or Blessing EST) B-EST
The Moondrop BEST. Ahhhhh, just got it. I never knew what the name MEST stood for, but Melody?-EST would make sense.
My overall sound signature presentation is
Bass: Moondrop Aria(LCP driver) & MEST MKII’s bone conduction
Mid : Softears RSV / Moondrop Dusk, both got Softears customed MID-BA
Treble: Monarch’s EST tuning
Air : Anole VX’s Penultimate layering
For me, it is:
Sub bass: Ultimate Ears UE6 Pro (sub bass monster, with only a 6mm DD for bass), runner up is Clairvoyance
Mid bass: ThieAudio Clairvoyance (a realistic amount, but with no bleed into midrange), runner up is UM 3DT
Lower Mids: Penon Volt (lush male vocals), runner up is UE6
Upper Mids: Fearless Lancelot (sweet, smooth, but not too boosted upper mids), runner up is Clairvoyance (excellent tuning, but not as smooth sounding)
Treble: Fearless Lancelot (detailed, but not harsh treble), runner up is KBEAR Believe.
Upper treble air: KBEAR Believe, runner up is Penon Volt (extended, but not too prominent, so it remains realistic).

May 15, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #2,273 of 4,752
The Moondrop BEST. Ahhhhh, just got it. I never knew what the name MEST stood for, but Melody?-EST would make sense.

For me, it is:
Sub bass: Ultimate Ears UE6 Pro (sub bass monster, with only a 6mm DD for bass), runner up is Clairvoyance
Mid bass: ThieAudio Clairvoyance (a realistic amount, but with no bleed into midrange), runner up is UM 3DT
Lower Mids: Penon Volt (lush male vocals), runner up is UE6
Upper Mids: Fearless Lancelot (sweet, smooth, but not too boosted upper mids), runner up is Clairvoyance (excellent tuning, but not as smooth sounding)
Treble: Fearless Lancelot (detailed, but not harsh treble), runner up is KBEAR Believe.
Upper treble air: KBEAR Believe, runner up is Penon Volt (extended, but not too prominent, so it remains realistic).
Haha yup! Melody-EST! Oh wow, I’m still waiting Believe and good to hear treble of Believe is that good! Looking forward to try it soon!

May 16, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #2,274 of 4,752
I have one interesting question. What was a point to make Oracle/Excalibur twins if Thieaudio has one more model in same price category (just $10 more)? I'm talking about Legacy 9. And it was highly praised by some reviewers. What the major difference except drivers? How do they sound compare to Oracle/Excalibur?

May 16, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #2,275 of 4,752
I have one interesting question. What was a point to make Oracle/Excalibur twins if Thieaudio has one more model in same price category (just $10 more)? I'm talking about Legacy 9. And it was highly praised by some reviewers. What the major difference except drivers? How do they sound compare to Oracle/Excalibur?
Psst, it’s called product lifecycle. Also they are on different approach too, Oracle/Excali is tribrids.
It’s same for DUNU they have two products sitting in the same range 4,500usd, one being tribrids one being pure-BA. I chose pure-BA’s SA6 recently.

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #2,276 of 4,752
The L9 was the first of the Legacy Series of TA IEMs, and it is was only the 3rd TA IEM. The Signature Series (all Tribrids) are a lot newer, with different technology. The L9 has generally been considered to be a bass head IEM, somewhat analogous to the Empire Ears Legend X, so it still has a role in the TA lineup. It is also the only current TA IEM in an all-wood shell.

May 16, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #2,277 of 4,752
That's correct, I'm from Europe.

Good luck with that with our customs, they completely ignore declared value and demand bank or PayPal invoice only with addition to enclose screenshot of item that you purchased with clearly visible price. They don't give a f... for everything else that you send them.
Few years ago a friend of mine received some headphones from his friend in Japan as a gift and they wouldn't let him import it until he paid VAT for full price (he had to find cheapest price for NEW and send them link to the shop)
Yes same here, they ask proof of payment from the seller and/or paypal.
So after my local customs once withheld and refused do release paid parcel to me.... Ever since then i never paid VAT again for anything. I usually l tell seller to declare below 24 usd in which case there is no VAT. After which I photoshop the PayPal and sellers invoice to that amount....
**** them

May 17, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #2,278 of 4,752
New Monarch ( Extended Bass Ver. )😁
Screenshot_20210517-131549_Chrome.jpg
20210517_220436.jpg

May 18, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #2,279 of 4,752
Well I got an email saying my Monarch order has been been shipped this morning. Now I just need to wait a week and a half to two weeks for it to arrive. :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back