ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 9, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #4,756 of 4,771
How does the Oracle mk1 compare to the Clairvoyance? I've only heard the Oracle mk1 and I really want to get it. I missed a recent buying opportunity for it but I can buy a Clairvoyance online.
Get a Claire.

May 9, 2024 at 4:40 AM Post #4,757 of 4,771
How does the Oracle mk1 compare to the Clairvoyance? I've only heard the Oracle mk1 and I really want to get it. I missed a recent buying opportunity for it but I can buy a Clairvoyance online.
On the FR graphs, the Clairvoyance comes across a (sub-)bassier, darker and a more vocal forward set, while the Oracle should be comparatively lighter, cleaner, airier sounding with a very gradually rising ear gain compensation area that nails the squillos of trained singers, with the latter property most likely being the reason for it becoming since its release a vocal lover's (and critical) darling. Does this match your live impression of the Oracle?
If I'd want to seriously exaggerate just to magnify the difference, I'd say the Clairvoyance is better for EDM, the Oracle for female-fronted vocal jazz. But this is just the info on the graphs (overall tonal balance), so I hope someone who heard both comes along to help you out.
graph.png

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #4,758 of 4,771
You know a iem is special once you start looking for a cable. Not because you need to. But because you want to. I want to bling up the Prestige LTD with a nice cable. So many options. But don't want to go crazy spending. Any suggestions hahaha? I so far have these to gorgeous options.

If possible, something that has similar colours of the Prestige LTD would be 👌🤌 Perfect.
Screenshot_20240509_200304_AliExpress.jpg

Screenshot_20240509_200244_AliExpress.jpg
Screenshot_20240509_200251_AliExpress.jpg
Screenshot_20240509_200403_AliExpress.jpg
Screenshot_20240509_200333_AliExpress.jpg
Screenshot_20240509_200342_AliExpress.jpg

May 9, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #4,759 of 4,771
On the FR graphs, the Clairvoyance comes across a (sub-)bassier, darker and a more vocal forward set, while the Oracle should be comparatively lighter, cleaner, airier sounding with a very gradually rising ear gain compensation area that nails the squillos of trained singers, with the latter property most likely being the reason for it becoming since its release a vocal lover's (and critical) darling. Does this match your live impression of the Oracle?
If I'd want to seriously exaggerate just to magnify the difference, I'd say the Clairvoyance is better for EDM, the Oracle for female-fronted vocal jazz. But this is just the info on the graphs (overall tonal balance), so I hope someone who heard both comes along to help you out.
graph.png
I had and sold the Oracle MK1 and did an open box return of the Claire (they were both open box and I had other options) I should have kept the Claire. I kept the Oracle as an exercise in the Harman meta but they were very underwhelming (compared to the Legend X / Mest Mk2).

What the oracles did was make everything artificially wide but nose deep. They excel at real instruments and tonality. You can hear bass but you won't feel it whatsoever.

The extra "intangibles" and bass presence the Claire's provide are worth every percentage point of that extra 10-15% of performance.

May 9, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #4,760 of 4,771
I had and sold the Oracle MK1 and did an open box return of the Claire (they were both open box and I had other options) I should have kept the Claire. I kept the Oracle as an exercise in the Harman meta but they were very underwhelming (compared to the Legend X / Mest Mk2).

What the oracles did was make everything artificially wide but nose deep. They excel at real instruments and tonality. You can hear bass but you won't feel it whatsoever.

The extra "intangibles" and bass presence the Claire's provide are worth every percentage point of that extra 10-15% of performance.
I wasn't wowed by Oracle's bass either until I plugged them into my desktop setup which is the JDS element. Even then, they are not bass heavy, but they are way better when compared to Qudelix 5k or DX160. Point is, they seem inefficient and need more power than most other IEMs. In comparison, Dunu SA6 and U12t are very easy to drive.

May 9, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #4,761 of 4,771
I wasn't wowed by Oracle's bass either until I plugged them into my desktop setup which is the JDS element. Even then, they are not bass heavy, but they are way better when compared to Qudelix 5k or DX160. Point is, they seem inefficient and need more power than most other IEMs. In comparison, Dunu SA6 and U12t are very easy to drive.
Oh yeah they were at least 6dB less efficient (volume wise) compared to anything else. But I also used them with desktop amps so it wasn't a lack of "power" or "grip".

Ultimately I think it's one of those things where if you're coming up or stepping into iems / hifi you'd be happy but as a side grade or "let's see what the hypes about" i firmly believe the Claire has it hands down.

May 9, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #4,762 of 4,771
You know a iem is special once you start looking for a cable. Not because you need to. But because you want to. I want to bling up the Prestige LTD with a nice cable. So many options. But don't want to go crazy spending. Any suggestions hahaha? I so far have these to gorgeous options.

If possible, something that has similar colours of the Prestige LTD would be 👌🤌 Perfect.
Screenshot_20240509_200304_AliExpress.jpg
Screenshot_20240509_200244_AliExpress.jpgScreenshot_20240509_200251_AliExpress.jpgScreenshot_20240509_200403_AliExpress.jpgScreenshot_20240509_200333_AliExpress.jpgScreenshot_20240509_200342_AliExpress.jpg
This may annoy some people here, but there's no need to spend big on cables IMO. I got a short-ish custom cable for mine for like $20, I think it looks great.

IMG_20240510_110958.jpg

May 9, 2024 at 11:46 PM Post #4,763 of 4,771
Oh yeah they were at least 6dB less efficient (volume wise) compared to anything else. But I also used them with desktop amps so it wasn't a lack of "power" or "grip".

Ultimately I think it's one of those things where if you're coming up or stepping into iems / hifi you'd be happy but as a side grade or "let's see what the hypes about" i firmly believe the Claire has it hands down.
I get it. I haven't heard Clairvoyance, so can't comment on it personally, but I've read that it is better than Oracle. Oracle is famous for the midrange. It is known to have a "weak" bass.

May 10, 2024 at 4:52 AM Post #4,764 of 4,771

I heard the same in reviews, that its bass is indicative and that it's obsolete tech-wise. Thanks for confirming it!

May 10, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #4,765 of 4,771
Another thing to note when discussing the Oracle: Thieaudio demoed the Oracle Mk III at the Singapore Can Jam. Judging by how scaled back the Prestige Ltd is compared to its predecessor, they might walk back on whatever the Oracle Mk II was. But now that I've written this, I remembered that the Monarch stands as the polar opposite of this, so who knows what they are cooking. Would be great to have an insight into the market segments they identified.

May 10, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #4,766 of 4,771
Another thing to note when discussing the Oracle: Thieaudio demoed the Oracle Mk III at the Singapore Can Jam. Judging by how scaled back the Prestige Ltd is compared to its predecessor, they might walk back on whatever the Oracle Mk II was. But now that I've written this, I remembered that the Monarch stands as the polar opposite of this, so who knows what they are cooking. Would be great to have an insight into the market segments they identified.

I wonder why they kept the Oracle brand name with new versions apparently, instead of Clairvoyance. That name is pretty good (Clairvoyance), they are kind of in the same price range and the reputations is fine I suppose.

May 10, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #4,767 of 4,771
I wonder why they kept the Oracle brand name with new versions apparently, instead of Clairvoyance. That name is pretty good (Clairvoyance), they are kind of in the same price range and the reputations is fine I suppose.
Could be because of reputation. Clairvoyance was not as famous as monarch. Oracle was popular compared to Excalibur.

May 10, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #4,768 of 4,771
This may annoy some people here, but there's no need to spend big on cables IMO. I got a short-ish custom cable for mine for like $20, I think it looks great.

That's actually a very nice looking cable. I agree. There is no need to spend hundreds. Anywhere between $20 to $200 for me personally is a good mark. And you can find truly godly cables at the $200 mark. It'll put many Effect audio cables costing twice or tripple to shame. But my challenege is to really find a cable that matches the colours of the Prestige LTD.

Update.

Found a cable 😁. Ordered

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 11:44 PM Post #4,769 of 4,771
Screenshot_20240511_134117_AliExpress.jpg

Ordered a magical Rainbow Unicorn to travel the depths of space and time into another dimension inside the Prestige LTD hahahahahha.

It's a similar cable to the Noble Audio Vivid. But instead of 16core, it's 4 core, though thicker wire which I prefer, as thick cables can be heavy. 16 core is overkill for a iem . This cable is much much much MUCH cheaper too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back