ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Feb 18, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #4,683 of 4,754
I'm listening to my thieaduio prestige (og, not ltd) and I think these didn't get neslry enough love. Just picked up the new Hiby R3 gen ii and these sound really good together. Obviously, they sound even better on my dx320, but these just didn't get much love. Sure, they are V shaped, but for those of us who want good bass slam without sacrificing treble or resolution, these are tough to beat. These sound far better than Empire Ears Legend for example for half the cost. Thieaudio is killing it, imo.

Feb 18, 2024 at 10:47 PM Post #4,684 of 4,754
My Monarch OG has been collecting dust for almost two years or even longer. Today I switch the cable (I bought Mk2 cable to replace the stock) to Effect Audio code 24, and Monarch OG was brought back to life to a much higher level, WOW!

Feb 18, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #4,685 of 4,754
I'm listening to my thieaduio prestige (og, not ltd) and I think these didn't get neslry enough love. Just picked up the new Hiby R3 gen ii and these sound really good together. Obviously, they sound even better on my dx320, but these just didn't get much love. Sure, they are V shaped, but for those of us who want good bass slam without sacrificing treble or resolution, these are tough to beat. These sound far better than Empire Ears Legend for example for half the cost. Thieaudio is killing it, imo.
That's how I felt moving to the EVO. No veil at all with all of the bass.

Feb 18, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #4,686 of 4,754
That's how I felt moving to the EVO. No veil at all with all of the bass.
Evo vs legend x? Haven't heard the evo, but every other empire ears I've heard has been overpriced compared to the innovative stuff coming from China. Same wirh ie900 and andromeda. I'd take the blon03 over either of them.

Feb 18, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #4,687 of 4,754
Evo vs legend x? Haven't heard the evo, but every other empire ears I've heard has been overpriced compared to the innovative stuff coming from China. Same wirh ie900 and andromeda. I'd take the blon03 over either of them.
You can't put a price on that level of bass + space + actually figuring it out. The LX was the only kid on the block for almost 5 years. Of course China can price out American, German, and SG. That doesn't mean that UM's pricing and Moondrops Solis 2 aren't unforgiveable cash grabs.

The Z1R does not out do the EVO. There's plenty of deep V bass only iems from Fat Freq and ISN which do that for much, much less. I see you just want to be want to be "right". Good day.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #4,688 of 4,754
You can't put a price on that level of bass + space + actually figuring it out. The LX was the only kid on the block for almost 5 years. Of course China can price out American, German, and SG. That doesn't mean that UM's pricing and Moondrops Solis 2 aren't unforgiveable cash grabs.
Well, in terms of bass and space, the Z1R checks those boxes and does it far better, as far as staging and resolution go. Not super comfortable, but ahead of their time, and they still compete well despite being 10 plus years old at this point.

Feb 20, 2024 at 12:22 AM Post #4,689 of 4,754
The more I listen to the Prestige LTD, the more I appreciate their sound.
The soundstage isn't super wide, pretty average but the openness in center-staging and the layering of music, each element/instrument in separation is so whole-body and crisp. The depth it extends to, abmostromically mindblowing!

🌌🌠

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #4,690 of 4,754
Trust me. I traded up to the Evo. Just get the Evo :beerchug: open box price is roughly LX MSRP.

I’m finding the EVO and the Monarch III to complimentary, combined with the AK 2000T, it’s a slice of audiophile heaven.

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #4,691 of 4,754
So I've booked a demo session with Elise Audio now in London for Tuesday next week. Hoping to listen to some IEMs and see what they are like. I have requested to listen to the following if possible so we will see what they are able to do.

FATfreq Maestro Mini
AFUL Performer 8
DUNU SA6 MK2
Kinera URD
Moondrop Blessing 3
Symphonium Meteor
Thieaudio Prestiege LTD
Canpur CP622B

There is very ,little chance of me buying the Canpur but apparently it's supposed to be really good so I need to have a small listen just to see what it's like. I should already have the Moondrop Blessing 3 but it was stolen off my doorstep so I don't actually know what it sounds like. This should give me an idea to see if I should arrange to get it again.

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #4,692 of 4,754
So I've booked a demo session with Elise Audio now in London for Tuesday next week. Hoping to listen to some IEMs and see what they are like. I have requested to listen to the following if possible so we will see what they are able to do.

FATfreq Maestro Mini
AFUL Performer 8
DUNU SA6 MK2
Kinera URD
Moondrop Blessing 3
Symphonium Meteor
Thieaudio Prestiege LTD
Canpur CP622B

There is very ,little chance of me buying the Canpur but apparently it's supposed to be really good so I need to have a small listen just to see what it's like. I should already have the Moondrop Blessing 3 but it was stolen off my doorstep so I don't actually know what it sounds like. This should give me an idea to see if I should arrange to get it again.
Highly recommend Symphonium Cirmson instead, much better.

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #4,695 of 4,754
Those who are big fans of the Prestige Ltd, could you please comment:

1. What music do you find them good for
2. What kind of sound signature do you generally like in your IEMs? Are you treble sensitive? Into detail? Bass?
1. I listen mostly to metal genres (different types of core as well as classic heavy metal), post-punk, synth-heavy music (dark wave, cold wave, gothic rock), some 80s like Depeche Mode, Dance Society, etc. Complex or "packed" passages, not very much acoustic.
2. I am mostly into detail and clarity, but not too sharp treble (am I "treble sensitive"? Don't know). I like separation in channels and both width and depth in imaging. Bass-wise, I like fast and accurate, even if it lacks a bit in volume/rumble. I wouldn't say Prestige LTD has oodles of lower bass/rumble, but it's got clean, crisp, fast and well articulated and accurate bass, with more than enough impact. Mids are not too recessed but not forward either. Treble is non-fatiguing, in fact I can listen to a lot of Youtube tracks, some of which are not well-mastered without too much discomfort.

Disclaimers:
a) I've not owned very high-end iems, my previous set was DUNU DK4001. So, not an expert on iems (and lots of other things besides).
b) Variety of listening genres on my DAP is fairly limited. I've not got jazz tracks, classical music tracks, acoustic music, pop, EDM, etc.
c) DAP quality as well as sound profile plays a role. I know people often say it's the transducers that really "make" music sound the way it does, but I've found clear differences between, for example, DX300 Max and DX320 Max, as well as between different apps on the same DAP, with the same iems. So DAPs matter too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back