ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Feb 9, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #4,666 of 4,753
I'm surprised about the issues that people are saying they are having with their Monarch Mk3 cables. I've not had any major problems so far but I've not had it long. Hopefully *touch wood* it stays that way.
I think it's entirely possible it's the LTD receptacles being too wide on average for the .78mm pins vs the MK3 connectors. The industry should follow FiR's lead with the user serviceable module for 2 pin. Only a mini allen key retains it and you can swap em like a tube pin saver but for IEM cabling.

Feb 10, 2024 at 4:07 AM Post #4,667 of 4,753
The 2-pin connector coming off the iem shell and massively hurting my pocket was one thing. It happened twice (before I finally lost the iem), but not from the start, rather a few months into using them, hence I was not expecting it. The 4-pin connector to the 4.4 termination, on the other hand, has been loose pretty much from day 1. I'm listening to music a lot on the go. The moment the cable is taught for even a moment, the 4-pin connector either gets loose and wobbles (not making full contact) or comes off entirely and the cable hangs off my ears loose. This happens at least 2-3 times a day during my train commute. It might be a QC problem and I'm glad others have not experienced this. But having used MMCX previously with my Dunus without any such issues whatsoever (in fact the Noble cable was quite upmarket for a $1000 iem), I'm really not sold on pin connections, as they are not as secure (there doesn't seem to be a latch mechanism, plus when the hole has a very tight bore you risk bending the pins).

Feb 10, 2024 at 5:12 AM Post #4,668 of 4,753
Holy based

Now I know why the The Prestige LTD is so well recieved even if with a small collective
ownerships

I'm really loving the sound across the whole spectrum, it's so warm, inviting and lustrous.
The bass is so compelling! energetic, textured and well controlled. Although there isn't really "bass slam" or rumble You can definitely feel the presence of subwoofer-like resonance with some music! Mids are well fleshed out and effortless carries the music with intimacy. The trebles are brushed over with excellence, so smoothly with the details and non fatiguing. It's shimmery like star dust. (Lol)
The soundstage for me, I like it's deph more than width.
OMG the layering and separation and imaging is magnificent. Truthfully, when I'm talking about the deph here I meant that there's an of atmospheric depth in sound that is there, it elevates and disperses ! ! !

It's my first IEM and I can proudly say it's a great all-rounder that pulls you in with swirling goodness that soothes your soul like fine wine.

*cheers* Thieaudio 🍷

p.s
the faceplate for this IEM is well-deserved.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #4,669 of 4,753
The 2-pin connector coming off the iem shell and massively hurting my pocket was one thing. It happened twice (before I finally lost the iem), but not from the start, rather a few months into using them, hence I was not expecting it. The 4-pin connector to the 4.4 termination, on the other hand, has been loose pretty much from day 1. I'm listening to music a lot on the go. The moment the cable is taught for even a moment, the 4-pin connector either gets loose and wobbles (not making full contact) or comes off entirely and the cable hangs off my ears loose. This happens at least 2-3 times a day during my train commute. It might be a QC problem and I'm glad others have not experienced this. But having used MMCX previously with my Dunus without any such issues whatsoever (in fact the Noble cable was quite upmarket for a $1000 iem), I'm really not sold on pin connections, as they are not as secure (there doesn't seem to be a latch mechanism, plus when the hole has a very tight bore you risk bending the pins).
The demo unit at my local hifi store has the 4.4mm connector broken as well (one channel is dead). It seems the cable is problematic in some cases.

Feb 10, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #4,670 of 4,753
To clarify myself I use my Mk3's with an Astell & Kern Kann Max player. So I use them both at home and out of the house. The player is normally in my jacket pocket when I am out and about. In the summer when I have to ditch the jacket I'll probably try and use a t-shirt with a pocket on the front for it. Otherwise it will be the jeans pocket but I don't like doing that anyway since it is a bit tight and I already have stuff in my jeans pockets. I've not had a problem yet with either the 2 pins or the 4 pins connectors. As stated before though the 2 pins for the cable on my Monarch Mk1 have become completely stuck and I can't remove those at all.

So I do think in your case there could be a QC issue. I got my MK3s recently so perhaps they have improved it. Who knows.

Feb 10, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #4,672 of 4,753
Feb 10, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #4,673 of 4,753
Yep, not getting to the website. Instead I'm getting that the domain name is available.
Quick, swoop the domain and trade for iems

Feb 10, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #4,675 of 4,753
Feb 11, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #4,677 of 4,753
i really liked the monarch mk3.

anyone heard the new hype 10? looking at options for my next purchase.
I ordered the Hype 10 over the Monarch MK3. It was a tough decision, especially not being able to use my ears to compare, It made my decision extra tough being the Hype 10 has only a couple of written reviews and YouTube reviews, and a couple of YouTube sound demos. (taken with a grain of salt) I also took into the fact my preferences and the iems I currently own. I own a set of MEST MKII customs and a set of 64 Audio a12s. For strict music listening I prefer a V shape, honestly the mest has been my favorite iem ever purchased. In short, they are so fun to listen to, even with poorly mixed/mastered music they seem to shine. I've also heard great things about the Monarch mk3, seems they perform very well. Listening to sound demos they tend to be a bit shouty, at least to my ears and taste, and a bit tad heavy in the mid-presence area, around 4-6k (maybe) the mest don't have this, seems the hype 10 doesn't either, looking at the graph and the youtube demos I've heard. I also listen to heavy rock, metal, pop, blues. Seems the Hype 10 would lend its self better here. Lastly I spoke to a ThieAudio Rep, after giving them my tuning preferences and style of music they also recommended the Hype 10 over the Monarch mk3. This was their response:

"Based on your description of enjoying a fun and engaging listening experience, the Hype 10 may indeed be a great choice for you. Its lively and dynamic sound profile, with a focus on impactful bass and energetic presentation, would complement heavier guitar and drum-focused music genres like rock, pop, and blues.
On the other hand, the Monarch MKIII is known for its tonal accuracy and balanced sound signature, which may be more suitable for lighter music genres such as jazz and classical."

Well, lets hope they work well for me, It'll probably be 5-7 weeks before I receive them. I'll make sure to add my thoughts and compare. Cheers!

Feb 11, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #4,678 of 4,753
I ordered the Hype 10 over the Monarch MK3. It was a tough decision, especially not being able to use my ears to compare, It made my decision extra tough being the Hype 10 has only a couple of written reviews and YouTube reviews, and a couple of YouTube sound demos. (taken with a grain of salt) I also took into the fact my preferences and the iems I currently own. I own a set of MEST MKII customs and a set of 64 Audio a12s. For strict music listening I prefer a V shape, honestly the mest has been my favorite iem ever purchased. In short, they are so fun to listen to, even with poorly mixed/mastered music they seem to shine. I've also heard great things about the Monarch mk3, seems they perform very well. Listening to sound demos they tend to be a bit shouty, at least to my ears and taste, and a bit tad heavy in the mid-presence area, around 4-6k (maybe) the mest don't have this, seems the hype 10 doesn't either, looking at the graph and the youtube demos I've heard. I also listen to heavy rock, metal, pop, blues. Seems the Hype 10 would lend its self better here. Lastly I spoke to a ThieAudio Rep, after giving them my tuning preferences and style of music they also recommended the Hype 10 over the Monarch mk3. This was their response:

"Based on your description of enjoying a fun and engaging listening experience, the Hype 10 may indeed be a great choice for you. Its lively and dynamic sound profile, with a focus on impactful bass and energetic presentation, would complement heavier guitar and drum-focused music genres like rock, pop, and blues.
On the other hand, the Monarch MKIII is known for its tonal accuracy and balanced sound signature, which may be more suitable for lighter music genres such as jazz and classical."

Well, lets hope they work well for me, It'll probably be 5-7 weeks before I receive them. I'll make sure to add my thoughts and compare. Cheers!
I would very much also describe the MMK3 as "fun and engaging" but I'm sure either will be excellent!

Feb 11, 2024 at 7:15 PM Post #4,679 of 4,753

did they give a company line for the LTD? very interesting take. That's a long wait time! No retailers had stock?

Feb 12, 2024 at 1:53 AM Post #4,680 of 4,753
did they give a company line for the LTD? very interesting take. That's a long wait time! No retailers had stock?
Elise Audio (UK) had stock, I re-ordered mine about a week ago and received them within a few days from order. Back in November (when I ordered my first pair), again it had only taken a couple of weeks. Perhaps they're OS with US suppliers.

On another note, it's interesting how diverse (and sometimes mutually incongruent) reviews and opinions are about the sound of these iems. I've generally seen MK3 described in here as more bass full and "fun" than MK2 (with the isobaric double DD accounting for this low-end signature). Often people complain about the MK2 being a bit lacklustre in the low end, being a bit "flatter" or "leaner". Here comes Lachlan saying (as far as I can see) quite the opposite. Go figure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back