ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Feb 8, 2024 at 5:20 AM Post #4,651 of 4,765
That's a really good (and, I feel, fair) review. One slight divergence of opinions is bass, for some metal genres (e.g, metalcore, where I feel the Prestige's fast but articulated slam and impact, but without too much sub-bass rumble makes it more enjoyable to my ears and does not steel the limelight from melodic mids which are often a standard song section). But otherwise I couldn't agree more. Combining topnotch technicalities with musicality across the audible frequency spectrum would probably mean a 1k-1.5k top-up.
I agree that the quality of the bass presentation (fast with slam and impact) is good for this genre, where bass is just one among many instruments in usually quite busy music. For me the bass is still a bit too much for rock and metal usually. The bass quality/presentation only is a pet peeve for me with genres like RnB (say, Erikah Badu).

Feb 8, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #4,653 of 4,765
Well after testing different gear. I conclude, the Prestige LTD does scale nicely and improve with better dac/amps. From deciding which new dongle dac/amp to get myself I kind of just went all out 😅 and maybe overkill but the Xduoo XD05-Pro should bring the Prestige LTD to it's full potential. The wait begins. So far pairings that were really nice are Cayin RU7 & Hiby FC6 in the dongle arena ( Luxury & Precision W4 & Ibasso DC-Elite are nice also, but a bit more expensive though very good.) Chord Mojo 2, Shanling H7 for slightly bigger portable dac/amps ( H7 won for me here). But when it came to the big dogs, the Fiio Q7 vs Xduoo XD-05 Pro. The Q7, highly detailed, but very flat, very clean. But sounded slightly boring. Like it was great, but didn't add much engagement, but again, awesome clarity, detail and very fast clean sound. The Xduoo XD-05 Pro though. Dynamics for days, heaps of clarity, amazing staging, it was pure fun. The large staging of the Prestige LTD with the large staging of the Xduoo XD-05 Pro was meant to be. A very nice pairing indeed. Now, the XD-05 Pro is a brick. More transportable than portable. If strictly for portable use. Go for the Shanling H7, Mojo 2 or dongles. They're great. But to say, I'm selling some gear after hearing the XD-05 Pro. It's that good 😁. I think endgame with the Prestige LTD would be either a very nice dongle for out and about. But for home or traveling from city to city and use in hotels. The Xduoo XD-05 Pro is extremely hard to beat

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #4,654 of 4,765
Well after testing different gear. I conclude, the Prestige LTD does scale nicely and improve with better dac/amps. From deciding which new dongle dac/amp to get myself I kind of just went all out 😅 and maybe overkill but the Xduoo XD05-Pro should bring the Prestige LTD to it's full potential. The wait begins. So far pairings that were really nice are Cayin RU7 & Hiby FC6 in the dongle arena ( Luxury & Precision W4 & Ibasso DC-Elite are nice also, but a bit more expensive though very good.) Chord Mojo 2, Shanling H7 for slightly bigger portable dac/amps ( H7 won for me here). But when it came to the big dogs, the Fiio Q7 vs Xduoo XD-05 Pro. The Q7, highly detailed, but very flat, very clean. But sounded slightly boring. Like it was great, but didn't add much engagement, but again, awesome clarity, detail and very fast clean sound. The Xduoo XD-05 Pro though. Dynamics for days, heaps of clarity, amazing staging, it was pure fun. The large staging of the Prestige LTD with the large staging of the Xduoo XD-05 Pro was meant to be. A very nice pairing indeed. Now, the XD-05 Pro is a brick. More transportable than portable. If strictly for portable use. Go for the Shanling H7, Mojo 2 or dongles. They're great. But to say, I'm selling some gear after hearing the XD-05 Pro. It's that good 😁. I think endgame with the Prestige LTD would be either a very nice dongle for out and about. But for home or traveling from city to city and use in hotels. The Xduoo XD-05 Pro is extremely hard to beat
Anything is portable if you try hard enough :wink: Gotta put a Mjolnir 3, inverter, and a car battery in your backpack.

You gonna get the AKM dac card as well?

Feb 9, 2024 at 1:01 AM Post #4,655 of 4,765
I take my DX320Max out on walks (and trips) regularly, so don't let bulk discourage you. I prefer a small backpack anyway to having it in my jacket pocket (it doesn't fit trouser pockets, unless you're a 7fter), it's safer like this from slips/falls when you go about hiking in mud/slush/icy terrain. And less risk of iems falling off the 2-pin connector as you take it out of/stash it away in a pocket and causing you a heart attack, if you were to use the stock cable. Enjoy your combo!

Feb 9, 2024 at 1:07 AM Post #4,656 of 4,765
Anything is portable if you try hard enough :wink: Gotta put a Mjolnir 3, inverter, and a car battery in your backpack.

You gonna get the AKM dac card as well?
It's a possibility yes. But reading up on the dacs, people are really liking the stock ES9039SPRO and some prefer it over the others. I personally really enjoy the stock dac chip. But maybe I'll try out the AKM options some time. But I'll wait and see what others Xduoo bring out 😉 ( R2R)....

Feb 9, 2024 at 1:14 AM Post #4,657 of 4,765
I take my DX320Max out on walks (and trips) regularly, so don't let bulk discourage you. I prefer a small backpack anyway to having it in my jacket pocket (it doesn't fit trouser pockets, unless you're a 7fter), it's safer like this from slips/falls when you go about hiking in mud/slush/icy terrain. And less risk of iems falling off the 2-pin connector as you take it out of/stash it away in a pocket and causing you a heart attack, if you were to use the stock cable. Enjoy your combo!
I actually feel the same. I don't really like having things in my pocket and I do usually have a small backpack on me. But damn, the XD-05 Pro is weighty at 750g 🤣😂

Feb 9, 2024 at 1:15 AM Post #4,658 of 4,765
It's a possibility yes. But reading up on the dacs, people are really liking the stock ES9039SPRO and some prefer it over the others. I personally really enjoy the stock dac chip. But maybe I'll try out the AKM options some time. But I'll wait and see what others Xduoo bring out 😉 ( R2R)....
The R8ii is so tempting :sweat: but I should add IEM's before sources. I'm a bit of an AKM fan, but its all about the hardware implementation, save that money! I'm sure the ESS is fantastic.

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:38 AM Post #4,659 of 4,765
Talking about portability.I'm getting great synergy for the Prestige LTD from the Tempotec V3 DAP. This inexpensive little guy sounds fantastic. It's firmware still needs to be improved a bit but it's already great for the price.
IMG_20240128_135709.jpg

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #4,660 of 4,765
The same cable and the plugs are in the monarch mkII and mkIII packaging too. Am wondering if this has been or could be a problem for those models as well.

Which cable would you recommend?
I just recently ordered the Prestige LTD.
I have the prestige LTD. The cable is the same as MMk3 and Hype 10.

That said... I really like the cable. Very soft feeling when worn and no problem with my swappable connectors or pins. It comes down to QC. In my case it seems I've been fortunate, and when it works, it works well.

I'd say wait and see how yours turns out.

I'm not a huge believer in cable "sound quality" but for functionality I also like the Dunu DUW02.

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:52 AM Post #4,661 of 4,765
Have to say, I've been unlucky with my cable. I bought a second pair of Prestige LTD, as I found their sound to be really great for the price bracket (and out of my DAP), but I'm not using it with the stock cable, waiting instead for an Eros 1 Anniv. ed. cable to arrive. Meanwhile, my partner loaned me her BQEYZ Topaz iems to use with the Prestige cable for my commute (fairly detailed, nice timbre and good lower and mid section for a <£100 iem, but weird separation/imaging and shrill treble, but that's another story). Guess what: twice within the same day the 2-pin connectors plopped off and I was left scrambling on the floor for the iem (which I was fortunate to retrieve)! I'm not sure about how much a cable improves sound quality (relative to its price, importantly), but a more well constructed cable will hopefully help.

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #4,662 of 4,765
Have to say, I've been unlucky with my cable. I bought a second pair of Prestige LTD, as I found their sound to be really great for the price bracket (and out of my DAP), but I'm not using it with the stock cable, waiting instead for an Eros 1 Anniv. ed. cable to arrive. Meanwhile, my partner loaned me her BQEYZ Topaz iems to use with the Prestige cable for my commute (fairly detailed, nice timbre and good lower and mid section for a <£100 iem, but weird separation/imaging and shrill treble, but that's another story). Guess what: twice within the same day the 2-pin connectors plopped off and I was left scrambling on the floor for the iem (which I was fortunate to retrieve)! I'm not sure about how much a cable improves sound quality (relative to its price, importantly), but a more well constructed cable will hopefully help.
really should be a recall at this point

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #4,663 of 4,765
Damn man feeling sorry for you. Having the Monarch 2 i have also had a problem with them but of a different nature. Their brittle housings have cracked in the place where the housing connects to the nozzles. It was some time ago and Linsoul replaced them but i needed to pay all the shippment costs. Among all iems ive had/have, the Monarchs require the most attention as they seem the most fragile. Im also scared about their 2 pin connectors as they seem very prone to damage.
Funny you mentioned that, but they are really not as robust as say Dunu SA6, even with all the babying out have some tiny crack on the shell too, don't even know where it came from. Stock cable was garbage on MK2 too.

Feb 9, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #4,664 of 4,765
I'm surprised about the issues that people are saying they are having with their Monarch Mk3 cables. I've not had any major problems so far but I've not had it long. Hopefully *touch wood* it stays that way.

Feb 9, 2024 at 7:07 PM Post #4,665 of 4,765
I'm surprised about the issues that people are saying they are having with their Monarch Mk3 cables. I've not had any major problems so far but I've not had it long. Hopefully *touch wood* it stays that way.
Same, I'm a big fan of that cable, but also my Monarchs absolutely never leave my desk, so I'm really not moving around with it in a way where some of these issues would appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back