ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jan 30, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #4,621 of 4,753
You want the black packaging version. Some say the clear/frosted version are the same, but the material feels thinner and it doesn't give the same clarity on the opposing ends of the spectrum. I know the Deep Mounts are expensive, but they're also extremely comfortable and they offer a sonic profile I haven't been able to get with any other tip. When that profile nails what you're looking for, you literally can't get it anywhere else which makes it all worth it in the end. I currently use the Deep Mounts on 4 pairs of IEMs permanently and three more on a rotating basis.

This pic shows the packaging. This is the pic of the multi pack, but you can also find them in single size packs once you know what size you're looking for which often depends on the IEM nozzle size for me.

1293c77d2aada01e66651896c36f4ff6.jpeg

I wanted to say thank you. I just got these through the post and these are the best tips yet. I was using the Clarions for a while as part of rotating round the tips I have but these are the best yet. Still got some Eletech Baroque tips coming but so far these ones top the list and are probably most likely to win out.

Jan 31, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #4,624 of 4,753

These iem comparisons might give you a slight idea about the tunning of the other iem if you own one of them.Other than that...i don't know . To me it sounds nothing like the PrestigeLTD.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #4,625 of 4,753
These iem comparisons might give you a slight idea about the tunning of the other iem if you own one of them.Other than that...i don't now . To me it sounds nothing like the PrestigeLTD.
Yeah I know, it's just a YT demo but this can give us a slight idea how they differ. None of them sounds like this in real life but the differences in timbre and tuning are easy to spot.

Jan 31, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #4,626 of 4,753
These iem comparisons might give you a slight idea about the tunning of the other iem if you own one of them.Other than that...i don't know . To me it sounds nothing like the PrestigeLTD.
On the first track I liked the Mest MK3 more but from then on was the LTD all the way. the Mest was thick sounding which some may prefer, but the prestige was so open and made feel like I was suddenly sucked into and surrounded by the music.... much like it does in real life.

Jan 31, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #4,629 of 4,753
On the first track I liked the Mest MK3 more but from then on was the LTD all the way. the Mest was thick sounding which some may prefer, but the prestige was so open and made feel like I was suddenly sucked into and surrounded by the music.... much like it does in real life.
How music should sound
*cheers* Thieaudio 🍷

Jan 31, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #4,630 of 4,753
which one of the thieaudio IEMs would be upgrade on the CA Dorado 2020?
The real question is, what's complementary. None of them will do the volume of bass the dorado does.
There's numerous second hand units which fit the bill or you can run up into the current line.

A Clairvoyance or Oracle MK2 second hand would be great picks for non-bass genres and acoustic/real instruments.
The MK3, Prestige LTD, or Hype 10 are all a crap shoot sliding between trade offs in unique areas for the same tuning philosophy with a $300 spread between em.

Feb 2, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #4,631 of 4,753
The real question is, what's complementary. None of them will do the volume of bass the dorado does.
There's numerous second hand units which fit the bill or you can run up into the current line.

A Clairvoyance or Oracle MK2 second hand would be great picks for non-bass genres and acoustic/real instruments.
The MK3, Prestige LTD, or Hype 10 are all a crap shoot sliding between trade offs in unique areas for the same tuning philosophy with a $300 spread between em.
thanks
guess I need to save up for a Legend X if I want improvement to Dorado but keeping the bass

Feb 2, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #4,632 of 4,753
thanks
guess I need to save up for a Legend X if I want improvement to Dorado but keeping the bass
Trust me. I traded up to the Evo. Just get the Evo :beerchug: open box price is roughly LX MSRP.

Feb 3, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #4,634 of 4,753
Do you guys think thieaudio will eventually make Prestige 2 ?
It could be a possibility. But maybe in the late future. All I can say is the Prestige LTD has some of the best quality bass I've heard. The texturing and detail is amazing. The more I hear them, the more I appreciate how it presents the low end. Is it the hardest slamming bass? No. But it does have this sub woofer presentation that it is in the background and gives with great clarity and detail. Really gives atmosphere to music

Feb 3, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #4,635 of 4,753
Do you guys think thieaudio will eventually make Prestige 2 ?
yes but not in a short run I believe, as they just got prestige LTD and monarch Mk3 released within a year. They are working on hybrid instead of tribrid IEM recently, just like the hype series (BA + DD), maybe the next one will be BA + EST?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back