ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jan 9, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #4,546 of 4,815
Sedna Crystals don't slip as much. You may also be between sizes; on the one hand MS gets a deeper insertion but slips after some skin oils/lengthy listening while M I can wedge in and don't slip but over a lengthy listening sesh put pressure on my ears. Depends on the nozzle length too, but yeah. Velvets are pretty slick and slide even with a solid size choice while the SednaEarfit Lights eventually get slippy with skin oils on em.
The Crystals were OK but I think I just wanted a bit more bass to come through with the Monarch Mk3. I have several sizes of the crystal, so the ones I got to fit best were the small size. A bit weird really since I consider my earsize to be about 12mm.

Jan 9, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #4,547 of 4,815
Hi Everyone. On the topic of tips again. Did anybody find that the stock tips with the Monarch Mk3 were the best? They seem to do well for me but I also like the SpinFit W1's. So I am looking between those two.

The Divinus Velvets and the SednaEarfit (Normal) are fine but I feel they would be better if I could just get a bit deeper insertion and have it stay there instead of popping back out slightly again. However I use MS size for those and the small size will definitely be too small for me so it's just a personal thing really along with this IEM.

I also have SednaEarfit (Shorts) coming so I will try them when they come.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I have a fairly decent number of tips anyway so don't worry about me buying tips. I would be doing that anyway since I am a tip roller when it comes to IEM's.

I like the Radius Deep Mounts on all three of the Monarch series IEMs. They really help bring out the low end while tightening it up and keeping things articulate. They also still let the EST treble shine through.

That said, I actually find the stock tips to be a pretty decent match, too, so you're not alone there.

Jan 9, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #4,548 of 4,815
I like the Radius Deep Mounts on all three of the Monarch series IEMs. They really help bring out the low end while tightening it up and keeping things articulate. They also still let the EST treble shine through.

That said, I actually find the stock tips to be a pretty decent match, too, so you're not alone there.
Well I do have JVC Spiral Dots in my collection so I have paid that much for ear tips in the past. Looks like there could several different types or at least different packaging. Is there a specific model number you went for?

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #4,549 of 4,815
The Crystals were OK but I think I just wanted a bit more bass to come through with the Monarch Mk3. I have several sizes of the crystal, so the ones I got to fit best were the small size. A bit weird really since I consider my earsize to be about 12mm.
Usually the wide bore, harder silicon will do it but there's always old faithful for more bass, spinfit cp360 for long nozzles (or any deeper insertion) Narrows the stage a bit but the material is conducive to bass. They just wear out fast if you clean your iems (the colored collar denoting the size will stretch). At least they're not 20$ a pair.

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #4,550 of 4,815
Hi Everyone. On the topic of tips again. Did anybody find that the stock tips with the Monarch Mk3 were the best? They seem to do well for me but I also like the SpinFit W1's. So I am looking between those two.

The Divinus Velvets and the SednaEarfit (Normal) are fine but I feel they would be better if I could just get a bit deeper insertion and have it stay there instead of popping back out slightly again. However I use MS size for those and the small size will definitely be too small for me so it's just a personal thing really along with this IEM.

I also have SednaEarfit (Shorts) coming so I will try them when they come.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I have a fairly decent number of tips anyway so don't worry about me buying tips. I would be doing that anyway since I am a tip roller when it comes to IEM's.
I been using stock tips so far and they have been fitting me the best. But I want to try some Dunu S&S and Azla Xelastec. I also like wide bore tips but they sacrifrice that low end on the LTD

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #4,551 of 4,815
Well I do have JVC Spiral Dots in my collection so I have paid that much for ear tips in the past. Looks like there could several different types or at least different packaging. Is there a specific model number you went for?

You want the black packaging version. Some say the clear/frosted version are the same, but the material feels thinner and it doesn't give the same clarity on the opposing ends of the spectrum. I know the Deep Mounts are expensive, but they're also extremely comfortable and they offer a sonic profile I haven't been able to get with any other tip. When that profile nails what you're looking for, you literally can't get it anywhere else which makes it all worth it in the end. I currently use the Deep Mounts on 4 pairs of IEMs permanently and three more on a rotating basis.

This pic shows the packaging. This is the pic of the multi pack, but you can also find them in single size packs once you know what size you're looking for which often depends on the IEM nozzle size for me.

1293c77d2aada01e66651896c36f4ff6.jpeg

Jan 13, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #4,552 of 4,815
I went to visit a local retailer in my city(who also happens to be a good friend to me). He was just unpacking some new stuff, and this pair instantly got my attention, the Thieaudio Hype 10. I have previously heard the Hype 2 which was not up to my taste, it was decent but I did not like it much. He was shooting an unboxing for the Hype10, So i asked whether I could get a 15-minute audition. And that might be the biggest mistake of mine for today because I ended up with a good 45-60-minute session and then ended up buying this set and bringing this beauty home lol. The bass is so drooling and lovely, The Vocals are also very good. The soundstage felt a bit intimate, but I guess the signature greatly aligns with my personal listening preferences. Vocals and Instruments also have amazing definition and have a full-bodied presentation. My instant reaction before making the purchase was to compare this to my Oriveti OH700VB. I personally feel this has a better body but OH700VB definitely has amazing imaging and precision. This one sounds better timbre-wise.

Bank took a big hit today, feels like I will be laying low for a while now lol. I posted the same on the Discovery Thread as well.
2.jpg

1.jpg

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:12 AM Post #4,554 of 4,815
Jan 14, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #4,556 of 4,815
I am looking at getting the Hype 10 or V16 Divinity. Wondering which one is a better all rounder. I do not mind paying the higher price.

I have small ears will the V16 Divinity be too big for me? The Monarch MKIII did not fit me they were too large.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #4,558 of 4,815
Maybe try Prestige LTD?
What's the pricing like for the Hype 10? The FR is so close but the impressions have been decidedly contrary to the graphs. (MK3 reviews have claimed much more V shaped than shows i.e. impact/presence in the low end, and much more energy up top than shows while the LTD universally claimed to have much more space and better balance) I myself am trying to see which TA to add since the oracle.

Jan 14, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #4,559 of 4,815
899 USD is the pricing of the Hype 10.
The V16 is good, but the Prestige LTD has the edge. Better staging, with more depth, nice imaging and a smoother treble without sacrificing detail. Detail and clarity may seem like the V16 has an edge. But it's just pushing all to you to the point it becomes fatiguing and bass lacks texture when compared to the Monarch MK3 and Prestige LTD. Considering the V16 is 1500USD and Prestige LTD is 1300USD. The LTD has a more pleasing tuning and better technicalities to back it up for less.

As for fit. I'd put the Prestige LTD as most comfortable. Then Monarch MK3 then Divinity V16.

This is from my experience though.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #4,560 of 4,815
899 USD is the pricing of the Hype 10.
The V16 is good, but the Prestige LTD has the edge. Better staging, with more depth, nice imaging and a smoother treble without sacrificing detail. Detail and clarity may seem like the V16 has an edge. But it's just pushing all to you to the point it becomes fatiguing and bass lacks texture when compared to the Monarch MK3 and Prestige LTD. Considering the V16 is 1500USD and Prestige LTD is 1300USD. The LTD has a more pleasing tuning and better technicalities to back it up for less.

As for fit. I'd put the Prestige LTD as most comfortable. Then Monarch MK3 then Divinity V16.

This is from my experience though.
I noticed the MK3 was a bigger shell. Only issue I had with GEN 1 Tribrids with the pseudo-custom fit was aggression into the tragus. No issues with insertion depth or size, just the shape. I can manage to get the EVO's/Solaris SE in my medium sized/small ears so overall size isn't an issue. Looks like the LTD is the one to snag! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back