ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jan 3, 2024 at 1:42 AM Post #4,516 of 4,769
Not sure if anyone likes Tool here. But just listened to Aenima & Fear Inoculum straight no pauses album to album on the Prestige LTD. Holyyy Shiiiiiii 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯, not even my Focal Radiance perform at this level. The clarity and separation is just insane. Yet being so smooth and effortless. Detail is no comparison. These are really making think twice if to sell some cans and upgrade my portable set up

Jan 3, 2024 at 1:53 AM Post #4,517 of 4,769
Not sure if anyone likes Tool here. But just listened to Aenima & Fear Inoculum straight no pauses album to album on the Prestige LTD. Holyyy Shiiiiiii 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯, not even my Focal Radiance perform at this level. The clarity and separation is just insane. Yet being so smooth and effortless. Detail is no comparison. These are really making think twice if to sell some cans and upgrade my portable set up
Do it bro.

Jan 3, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #4,518 of 4,769
I love Tool and I also sold the Radiance after an extended comparisons with the Monarch 2, listening to the songs you mentioned. The Radiance are very good for a close backs but they can't compete with the Monarchs or Twilight in detail, separation, layering and the Twilight destroy them in the bass department and 3D staging.

Jan 4, 2024 at 1:39 AM Post #4,520 of 4,769
Ima check that out on my set up :) thx for the suggestion (more than The Pot!)

Jan 4, 2024 at 1:46 AM Post #4,521 of 4,769
It will be a nice setup

Jan 4, 2024 at 10:59 PM Post #4,523 of 4,769
A big reason I got the LTD over the Mk3 is because I liked how they handle heavy/hard rock better. BUT does anybody else also love them for beat-driven electronic music? I find there's enough bass there to really get into the beat, although it's not as mammoth as the Mk3.

Jan 5, 2024 at 12:37 AM Post #4,524 of 4,769
A big reason I got the LTD over the Mk3 is because I liked how they handle heavy/hard rock better. BUT does anybody else also love them for beat-driven electronic music? I find there's enough bass there to really get into the beat, although it's not as mammoth as the Mk3.
80% of my listening is electronic (Rrose, Stefan Goldmann, Joachim Spieth, Max Cooper, Aphex Twin, Toki Fuko, Barker lately). I actually tend NOT to prefer bassy sounding transducers for this type of listening because these modern recordings are so dynamic and have such high quality bass. I think peoiple who listen to alot of classic rock and older recordings like these V-shaped sound signatures because it helps stretch out these rather compressed recordings. The Prestige LTD has been the best match for electronic music of any IEM I have owned. I do find some of the highs can sound a tad recessed at times but the benefit of this is you can listen to these all day with zero fatigue with intense (Autechre!) music.

Jan 5, 2024 at 1:13 AM Post #4,525 of 4,769
HELL YESS! Dj Hidden The Later After (Remastered) is a hell of a drum & bass album. And the Prestige LTD do amazing. The extra width, imaging and layering really make that album shine. And still beyond enough of low end drive, but that extra edge in detail and separation really help seperate the sub and mid bass which helps keep things sounding extremely crisp and clean 😁👍

Jan 5, 2024 at 1:31 AM Post #4,526 of 4,769
Funny, I listen to almost exclusively electronic music(mostly on the chill wave side of things, but with a good variety of other stuff thrown in, KOAN Sound, Lorn, ComTruise) and I absolutely love the combo of completely enveloping bass and upper sparkle on the Monarch MKIIIs for basically everything I listen to. I'd love to compare to the Prestiges though!

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #4,527 of 4,769
I absolutely love the combo of completely enveloping bass and upper sparkle on the Monarch MKIIIs
Wow... that's exactly how i would describe the PrestigeLTD!
But after i squeeze a bit more sub base and upper treble with eq... that's the eq sauce i dress most of my iems with.
Enveloping ,thumpy and textured bass , upper airy sparkle...all delivered in a deep, well separated , layered soundstage. That's the PrestigeLTD for me .

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #4,528 of 4,769
But after i squeeze a bit more sub base and upper treble with eq... that's the eq sauce i dress most of my iems with.
Enveloping ,thumpy and textured bass , upper airy sparkle...all delivered in a deep, well separated , layered soundstage.

I'm only asking this out of curiosity, zero judgement, but if you prefer the sound profile of the Monarch, and you're EQing your Prestige to behave like the Monarch, why not just get the Monarch? Bass and airy treble is what it was designed to do in relation to the Prestige right?

Again, these are all fantastic headphones, so I'm sure they're all fine lol

Jan 5, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #4,529 of 4,769
I'm only asking this out of curiosity, zero judgement, but if you prefer the sound profile of the Monarch, and you're EQing your Prestige to behave like the Monarch, why not just get the Monarch? Bass and airy treble is what it was designed to do in relation to the Prestige right?
I've never tried a monarch. From what i've read about the mkIII ,its bass is supposed to be on the wet side with more defined slam while the PrestigeLTD is on the dry side with more texture. Both enveloping but probably in a different way.
I love the PrestigeLTD bass, it's a bass flavour I'm not getting from any of my iems or headphones. Im getting my wet bouncy slammy bass from others like my FH9 and even S12pro.

Jan 5, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #4,530 of 4,769
I've never tried a monarch. From what i've read about the mkIII ,its bass is supposed to be on the wet side with more defined slam while the PrestigeLTD is on the dry side with more texture. Both enveloping but probably in a different way.
I love the PrestigeLTD bass, it's a bass flavour I'm not getting from any of my iems or headphones. Im getting my wet bouncy slammy bass from others like my FH9 and even S12pro.

Sorry I have a question because I'm not familiar with these terms. What is the difference between wet and dry bass? Genuine question, there is a lot I don't know or understand when it comes to this sort of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back