ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Dec 23, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #4,486 of 4,792
Final Type E (clear version) seems to be the winner for me with the Prestige LTD

They are my favourite ahead of Dunu S&S (my previous favourite), Azla Xelastec, Crystal, and Divinus Velvet.

I prefer some of these tips over the Type E on other iems so it really depends.

I've also just discovered the radius deep mount (clear version). I'm not able to get them at a reasonable price in the UK but I would try them if I could.

When I get back home after Christmas I will try the Final Audio's out. I do own both some white ones and clear ones but I haven't tried them yet as I didn't have time before travelling.

Dec 25, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #4,488 of 4,792
Merry Christmas everyone. After going back and forth with the Monarch MK3 and Prestige LTD I ultimately went with the LTD. The MK3 was a very fun and engaging iem. But ultimately the LTD grew on me more and more. It didn't give me that wow factor like the MK3 at first few listens. But the more I used the LTD, the more I got sucked in and lost in the sound. The MK3 was always fun, engaging, in your face but the LTD just has a magic that can seriously pull you in and blow your mind. It's a sound that is so easy to sit back and loose yourself but then bam, out of no where, you are in a musical trip and hours have gone by. They can be smooth then suddenly intense. Intimate then out of no where huge and spacious with so much depth. The raw detail is all there but not shoved in your face like the MK3. But the LTD present more information so effortlessly. Overall, truly an amazing iem. So I pulled the trigger and ordered them. Should have them some time next week. To say that I feel the Prestige LTD can easily compare to headphones like the Arya Organic, LCD-X, Focal Clear/MG, HD800s, ZMF Atrium is simply crazy to me. No iem has made me feel such joy though, but the Prestige LTD are truly something magical. Resolution that easily is in the leagues of these headphones or better. Amazing tuning that is better than these headphones. Superb layering and separation. Yes soundstage is not going to be huge like the HD800s or Arya. But to say it certainly feels close to the Focal Clear MG, LCD-X 2021, Atrium with depth and imaging that feels better 🤯🤯🤯🤯. Crazy. Endgame iem. Hell yeah 🤙

I can still see myself getting the MK3 though. They are an extremely fun iem. I'm curious to see what made people choose one over the other? While I do feel technicalities go to the Prestige LTD. Musicality and fun.... The MK3 has the edge

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #4,489 of 4,792
Merry Christmas everyone. After going back and forth with the Monarch MK3 and Prestige LTD I ultimately went with the LTD. The MK3 was a very fun and engaging iem. But ultimately the LTD grew on me more and more. It didn't give me that wow factor like the MK3 at first few listens. But the more I used the LTD, the more I got sucked in and lost in the sound. The MK3 was always fun, engaging, in your face but the LTD just has a magic that can seriously pull you in and blow your mind. It's a sound that is so easy to sit back and loose yourself but then bam, out of no where, you are in a musical trip and hours have gone by. They can be smooth then suddenly intense. Intimate then out of no where huge and spacious with so much depth. The raw detail is all there but not shoved in your face like the MK3. But the LTD present more information so effortlessly. Overall, truly an amazing iem. So I pulled the trigger and ordered them. Should have them some time next week. To say that I feel the Prestige LTD can easily compare to headphones like the Arya Organic, LCD-X, Focal Clear/MG, HD800s, ZMF Atrium is simply crazy to me. No iem has made me feel such joy though, but the Prestige LTD are truly something magical. Resolution that easily is in the leagues of these headphones or better. Amazing tuning that is better than these headphones. Superb layering and separation. Yes soundstage is not going to be huge like the HD800s or Arya. But to say it certainly feels close to the Focal Clear MG, LCD-X 2021, Atrium with depth and imaging that feels better 🤯🤯🤯🤯. Crazy. Endgame iem. Hell yeah 🤙

I can still see myself getting the MK3 though. They are an extremely fun iem. I'm curious to see what made people choose one over the other? While I do feel technicalities go to the Prestige LTD. Musicality and fun.... The MK3 has the edge
Merry Christmas to you too and to all Head-fi-ing today.

Have to say whilst the dynamics and stage of the LTD differ significantly from the Atrium, I can relate to the perception of the tonality of the two being similar, particularly with the right ear pads on the Atrium.

That is to say, although I don't have the most experience with iems over $1000, I think the LTD is worth an audition at the very least, particular if you want something on the fun side of neutral.

Dec 25, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #4,492 of 4,792
Well I picked these up today. Currently listening to it and doing some tip rolling at the same time. Any suggestions on tips would be welcome.

I’ve tried quite a few tips including azla sednafit, tri clarion, spinfit cp100, w1, Dunu s&s, sencai, kbear07 and divinus velvets.

First and foremost the most important thing with tips is finding a set that you find the most comfortable, fit and seal well for your ears. For me personally, the divinus velvets are my favourite and tips for the MMK3.

Hello, For anyone who owns a Thieaudio IEM, how’s the qc currently? I’m thinking of buying the oracle og, but I read many comments about Thieaudio’s qc issue
Ive not had any issue whatsoever with my MMK3 so far. I know there was some talk about qc issues with the hype2 in particular, but my set is well made and rock solid.

Dec 25, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #4,493 of 4,792
I'm curious to see what made people choose one over the other? While I do feel technicalities go to the Prestige LTD. Musicality and fun.... The MK3 has the edge
I went with the MMK3 because I have enough analytical and dry IEMs. I wouldn't call MMK3 a fun IEM either but it's not dry, it strikes a nice balance IMO, definitely a big step up above MMK2 in comparison, at least for me. I demoed the LTD and it didn't speak to me at all.

Dec 25, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #4,494 of 4,792
Merry Christmas everyone. After going back and forth with the Monarch MK3 and Prestige LTD I ultimately went with the LTD. The MK3 was a very fun and engaging iem. But ultimately the LTD grew on me more and more
This was my experience too. On first listen the sheer size of the bass on Mk3 is what drew me in, I imagine most people would be the same.
I spent 3-4 hours trying the Mk3 and LTD side by side. After that wow factor of the Mk3 subsided, I found I preferred the LTD more for its more balanced yet also musical sound. I divide my time between acoustic/"real" instruments and electronic music, and I liked the way guitars with distortion shone through on the LTD. Also I could see the Mk3 potentially being fatiguing for me, but not the LTD. Indeed I've been listening to them for 4-6 hours every day since I've had them with zero discomfort.

Dec 25, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #4,495 of 4,792
Merry Christmas to you too and to all Head-fi-ing today.

Have to say whilst the dynamics and stage of the LTD differ significantly from the Atrium, I can relate to the perception of the tonality of the two being similar, particularly with the right ear pads on the Atrium.

That is to say, although I don't have the most experience with iems over $1000, I think the LTD is worth an audition at the very least, particular if you want something on the fun side of neutral.
The LTD is seriously worth an audition. What impresses me most is the price to performance. It truly is a masterclass all rounder iem. Everything I throw at it sounds great. Is there iems that have more detail? Yes. More bass slam? Yes. More soundstage? Yes. More forward mids? Yes. But they all cost a fair bit more and then lack some. They may have more detail compared to the LTD. But then lack refinement and soundstage. Maybe have more soundstage but then lack some detail or bass slam. The LTD does so much, so well I don't feel anything lacking. If I really wanted a true upgrade. And maybe It'd only be a small improvement, easily have to spend 3k and up. And that's for a true upgrade that maybe would be 5 to 10% better. If I wanted a bigger jump. Good luck to my wallet. 5k up? The price to performance is awesome. It's my endgame for sure 😁👍

Dec 25, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #4,496 of 4,792
This was my experience too. On first listen the sheer size of the bass on Mk3 is what drew me in, I imagine most people would be the same.

I spent 3-4 hours trying the Mk3 and LTD side by side. After that wow factor of the Mk3 subsided, I found I preferred the LTD more for its more balanced yet also musical sound. I divide my time between acoustic/"real" instruments and electronic music, and I liked the way guitars with distortion shone through on the LTD. Also I could see the Mk3 potentially being fatiguing for me, but not the LTD. Indeed I've been listening to them for 4-6 hours every day since I've had them with zero discomfort.
They are so effortless, I can listen for hours and hours and feel like nothing is missing 😁👍

Dec 26, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #4,498 of 4,792
The soundstage, bass, and treble air all make the Monarch the right choice for me(as well as the gaming performance) but it seems like the prestige is pretty kickass as well. Can't go wrong with either I don't think.
Its the ultimate fomo. Tuned so closed with glowing reviews both ways 🤣. This is how Claire owners felt reading Monarch OG reviews

Dec 26, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #4,500 of 4,792
I have heard good things about LTD but I felt that it is not widely loved compared to monarch series. Could be an influence of the bad reputation that the original prestige got? LTD is similarly priced with the recent strong kilobuck IEM, symphonium crimson. Has anyone compared these two IEMs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back