ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Sep 7, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #4,337 of 4,771
The Oracle MKII-amazing

Attachments

• F5c6uuXXsAA1DIU.jpeg
    F5c6uuXXsAA1DIU.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 0
Sep 7, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #4,338 of 4,771

@Sayed2020 this was meant to be a link to your video from the Elise Audio YouTube Channel.

Maybe you can change the YouTube channel settings (and increase your reach). But if you prefer to keep it as is, that's ok too, jus thought I'd mention in case you weren't aware.

(And if I've tagged the wrong Sayed
... Sorry)

Sep 7, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #4,339 of 4,771
I've just gotten home and opened the outer packaging of my new Prestige LTD (been waiting a long time to try these). But straight away I noticed a discrepancy in the technical information

The Linsoul website states the frequency range is 20khz to 40khz.

The box says it's 20khz to 80khz. I also distinctly remember it being mentioned in a review as such (along with a mention of dolphins) but can't remember which review.

My three questions are:

1. Which is it in reality? 40khz or 80khz?

2. Does it matter since we can only hear up to 20khz max (more like 16-17khz for me personally)?

3. Similar question, what's the technical rationale for having a frequency response that far exceeds our audible range, and by the same toke. Does that mean the bass response is not so great as it only goes to the bottom of human audible range (20Hz) rather than a lower frequency? (I'm assuming there's something to do with headroom in the answer).
Screenshot_20230908_010135_Chrome.jpg

20230908_010159.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2023 at 12:57 AM Post #4,341 of 4,771
40/80khz, anything above 20 is just marketing bragging.
Well...

Less than one song of listening... These are stunningly well controlled iems!
(INXS - Never Tear Us Apart is a great song for exposing wobbliness in headphones and iems but these have made the song an absolute treat to listen to)

These are also my first "high end* iems... Prior to this the most expensive iems I'd heard were the Etymotic ER4SR, ER4XR and Evo.

But my highest end headphones are ZMF Atriums and these remind me of those in terms of neutral warmth, treble control and low end presence. They don't have the soundstage of the Atriums (of course) but they are more resolving which means they have greater definition within their stage....

They have greater depth than the Etys and Final A5000 which I also own.

I'll be listening to these a lot more and will share more impressions. I have an SA6 Mk2 on the way to compare them (because I wanted a "multi BA only" set for my collection and that's what my budget allowed for after splashing out on the prestige LTD).

I've not heard the any Monarch iems, but if, as many have said, the MK3 has more mid-bass than the LTD then I can't imagine myself enjoying those as much as it would be too much for me, and the LTD treble is, I think the best I've ever heard on any device that I've owned, (including vs my Atriums, Arya and various Focals up to the Clear Pro etc)

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2023 at 7:42 AM Post #4,342 of 4,771
I've just gotten home and opened the outer packaging of my new Prestige LTD (been waiting a long time to try these). But straight away I noticed a discrepancy in the technical information

The box says it's 20khz to 80khz. I also distinctly remember it being mentioned in a review as such (along with a mention of dolphins) but can't remember which review.

My three questions are:

2. Does it matter since we can only hear up to 20khz max (more like 16-17khz for me personally)?

3. Similar question, what's the technical rationale for having a frequency response that far exceeds our audible range, and by the same toke. Does that mean the bass response is not so great as it only goes to the bottom of human audible range (20Hz) rather than a lower frequency? (I'm assuming there's something to do with headroom in the answer).

20230908_010159.jpg
Don't worry. Anything above 20khz:

1. Is not audible or perceptable, at all.
2. Contains no musical/sound info, not even harmonics.
3. Is not included in mastering and records. If it is for foolish tech-marketing reasons it contains just unaudiable noise.

Sep 8, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #4,343 of 4,771

My three questions are:

20230908_010159.jpg
I'll bow to you if you can hear above 18kHz

Sep 9, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #4,346 of 4,771
The MMK3 came in 30 minutes ago and I've been getting some listening in.

Here are my first impressions (shared this in the MMK3 thread but also posting here):

- Aggressive U-shaped tuning reminiscent of the Annihilator '23
- Big mid-bass area of impact with a subwoofer-like quality (Anni 23 is similar). Struggles a little with bass tightness. Bass transients are soft and pillowy.
- The bass is well-textured but it wasn't immediately apparent because my attention was drawn to the substantial mid-bass body.
- Beautifully extended highs. There's more treble weight compared to the Anni 23 which is nice. Both utilize ESTs and the Anni 23 treble can feel a little weightless at times.
- Vocals are forward with a pleasant timbre/coloration. Lacks the sheer resolution of the Anni 23 but has resolution competitive with the top of the $1000 class.
- Timbre is honeyed, but slightly lean - a little bit of the S8's sweetness and leanness paired with a little bit of the Supernova's honeyed timbre, but not overly done. It's a tasteful coloration.
- I normally don't have fit issues with IEMs (even with the IER-Z1R) but the fit is a little contentious on this set. I may size down my ear tips to see if it helps.

IMO, the MMK3 joins the U4s and the Helios at the top of the $1000 bracket. They each do different things well so it's a welcome addition.
What would you say U4s does better?

Sep 9, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #4,347 of 4,771
Prestige LTD owner here...

Hard to say for sure whether I would take them over Monarch MK3 as I've not heard it.

See my comment above where I give my hypothetical comparison based on my interpretation of other people's reviews. I do think I would prefer the prestige LTD sound sig over the more bassy and intimate sound of the MK3.

Listening to the Prestige LTD standalone, it is stunning. It really makes me torn between listening to it and my ZMF Atrium (open back).

I just jumped from my SA6 MK2 to my prestige LTD and was blown away by how good the Prestige LTD sounds, especially if you want an all rounder that does everything well.

Everything sounds so rich and the air and separation between sounds enhances it all. The SA6 MKII has some great strengths and some weaknesses but it's not on the level of the prestige LTD in any department. At half the price that's to be expected I guess but I think it's great at its price point and has a fun and genuinely unique tuning which will have it's time and place.... but I digress.

I also love the look and fit of the prestige LTD. However i think the Monarch MKIII Butterfly faceplate is prettier if that matters.

For sound, very happy I went for the Prestige LTD.

I'd be curious to hear how the prestige LTD sounds Vs the monarch MK2 since that's the OG that set the bar.

Sep 9, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #4,348 of 4,771
What would you say U4s does better?
Honestly, not much. The treble tuning is more agreeable and the tonality is cleaner which is one thing I really appreciate on the U4s.
It gives the U4s a neutral but musical presentation.

If the U12t had the U4s’ treble tuning, bass decay, and tonality while still maintaining its techs, I think it would be *much* better.

U4s is the safer rec over the MMK3 IMO so if someone was new to the hobby and jumped straight to a kilobuck, U4s is something I’d recommend over the MMK3. Otherwise, the MMK3 is flat-out better.

Sep 9, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #4,349 of 4,771
Any Prestige LTD owners or enjoyers around? :D

Pretend they cost the same- would you take the Monarch MkIII or the Prestige LTD?
I tried the MKIII last week after having the Orcale MKII, they are absolutely massive and the treble is really boosted. If you have big ears and can handle that elevated treble i would say go for it. The Prestige is actually my next purchase

Sep 9, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #4,350 of 4,771
Prestige LTD owner here...

Hard to say for sure whether I would take them over Monarch MK3 as I've not heard it.

See my comment above where I give my hypothetical comparison based on my interpretation of other people's reviews. I do think I would prefer the prestige LTD sound sig over the more bassy and intimate sound of the MK3.

Listening to the Prestige LTD standalone, it is stunning. It really makes me torn between listening to it and my ZMF Atrium (open back).

I just jumped from my SA6 MK2 to my prestige LTD and was blown away by how good the Prestige LTD sounds, especially if you want an all rounder that does everything well.

Everything sounds so rich and the air and separation between sounds enhances it all. The SA6 MKII has some great strengths and some weaknesses but it's not on the level of the prestige LTD in any department. At half the price that's to be expected I guess but I think it's great at its price point and has a fun and genuinely unique tuning which will have it's time and place.... but I digress.

I also love the look and fit of the prestige LTD. However i think the Monarch MKIII Butterfly faceplate is prettier if that matters.

For sound, very happy I went for the Prestige LTD.

I'd be curious to hear how the prestige LTD sounds Vs the monarch MK2 since that's the OG that set the bar.
This a beyond helpful review as im about to purchase The Prestige and you make them sound just perfect :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back