ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Aug 19, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #4,321 of 4,753
The main issue with the Helios is the fit. It fits awkwardly in the ear for a lot of people so if you're considering it, I'd take that into account.
I totally agree.

Of all the IEMs I own or have owned, the Helios are the only ones that I had to sell after a few days, due to the inability to get a proper seal, despite the countless tips I tried.

Aug 19, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #4,322 of 4,753
I totally agree.

Of all the IEMs I own or have owned, the Helios are the only ones that I had to sell after a few days, due to the inability to get a proper seal, despite the countless tips I tried.
Definitely an issue. The Helios SE alleviates this issue if someone really loves the OG Helios but can’t get a good fit.

Aug 19, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #4,323 of 4,753
It will be interesting to see your impressions, going from MK3 to MK2 instead of the other way around. Thanks for the comprehensive comparisons too.
Anytime. I’ll definitely share some here. I’ll probably have them at the same time for at least a few days before the MMK3 sells.

Aug 21, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #4,325 of 4,753
soo... any rumours about an Oracle Mk3 that's an Mk1 in the smaller, sexier, more wearable Mk2 shell? a shame they release so many "upgrades" with relatively similar tuning, and yet the one that was the most distinct in their lineup remains the only one without a competent younger brother

Aug 21, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #4,326 of 4,753
Anytime. I’ll definitely share some here. I’ll probably have them at the same time for at least a few days before the MMK3 sells.
Decided not to sell because I thankfully found a pair tips that control the treble response (Azla Sedna Shorts).

I’m able to now fully enjoy the MMK3, including the treble. I still have the MMK2 coming in on Wednesday. I’ll provide some comparisons then.

Aug 21, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #4,327 of 4,753
Decided not to sell because I thankfully found a pair tips that control the treble response (Azla Sedna Shorts).

I’m able to now fully enjoy the MMK3, including the treble. I still have the MMK2 coming in on Wednesday. I’ll provide some comparisons then.
Waiting for your mini review :wink:

Aug 25, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #4,328 of 4,753

I recommend the Moondrop Spring tips with the Monarch Mk3, it's the best pairing for me (tried 10 different tips on it). The spring tips have a way of controlling the mid/high resonance to enhance the timbre, their website describes it perfectly. I changed my Monarch Mk3 cable too, but that's a topic for another time.

Aug 25, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #4,329 of 4,753
I recommend the Moondrop Spring tips with the Monarch Mk3, it's the best pairing for me (tried 10 different tips on it). The spring tips have a way of controlling the mid/high resonance to enhance the timbre, their website describes it perfectly. I changed my Monarch Mk3 cable too, but that's a topic for another time.
I tried the Moondrop Spring tips and I liked them a lot. My only nitpick with them was that they reduced the bass quantity too much for my tastes. Ultimately, I ended up with Azla Shorts which were perfect for my preferences.

What cable did you swap to and why? (Looks like the Fusion 1 based on your profile pic but I could be wrong)

Aug 25, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #4,331 of 4,753
Ive head many problems with cable swapping on my MMk2. I ended up with the stock cable as it preserved the best bass punch and the smoothest higher mids. But it can be a very different scenario with the MMk3.
I use the Code 23 for my MMK2. It very noticeably boosts the mid-bass and improves or retains staging and resolution.

Aug 25, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #4,332 of 4,753
I tried the Moondrop Spring tips and I liked them a lot. My only nitpick with them was that they reduced the bass quantity too much for my tastes. Ultimately, I ended up with Azla Shorts which were perfect for my preferences.

What cable did you swap to and why? (Looks like the Fusion 1 based on your profile pic but I could be wrong)
I'm using this ivipQ-237 cable, as I was trying to find a cable with similar material composition as the stock cable (graphene+silver) but with added copper. It's cheap too so I thought it's alright for a blind purchase. Somehow it improves on instruments separation making the overall frequency tad bit clearer and shift vocals a little further in stage. My profile pic is the Oracle Mk2 which I no longer own, it was a blind purchase as I loved the Oracle Mk1 vocals it's probably still my favourite vocals iem till date, while the Mk2 just sounded so harsh and bright which confused me upon first listen as it completely deviated from the sound signature of the Mk1.

Aug 30, 2023 at 1:44 AM Post #4,334 of 4,753
How do the Monarch Mk2 1)mids/vocals and 2)technicalities compare to Clairvoyance ? I know many love the MMk2 especially for the mids and looking purely at how the graphs of these compare it seems that the Clairvoyance (and perhaps Oracle Mk1) should be no worse at least in terms of tonality.

Any impressions, comparisons and thoughts highly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #4,335 of 4,753
How do the Monarch Mk2 1)mids/vocals and 2)technicalities compare to Clairvoyance ? I know many love the MMk2 especially for the mids and looking purely at how the graphs of these compare it seems that the Clairvoyance (and perhaps Oracle Mk1) should be no worse at least in terms of tonality.

Any impressions, comparisons and thoughts highly appreciated, thanks!
I have both sets and love both. In my opinion clairvoyance has superior bass, but monarch 2 has superior mids. The mids are just hyper detailed and surreal sounding on mk2. Clair has crystal clear mids but it’s not “hyper” if that makes any sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back