ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Oct 13, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #3,931 of 4,754
This is a very detailed response, thank you! Though I think I should mention I'm not only into hip hop, but other genres and gaming as well, so while searching for a new IEM I don't want it to be a "one trick pony". I've heard the oracle mk2 accels in many genres so that's what really had me interessed.

Then it would be an excellent choice, because already the Oracle 1 is very good everywhere, if you are looking for an IEM that can be your "all genre"... Few will be as good as it 👍

Just a detail, it's not easy to find the right tip, silicone or foam, I preferred foam because it seals well!

EDIT : buy the mk2 ! ... Dont go vith 1 because .. Bass ...

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #3,932 of 4,754
Just a detail, it's not easy to find the right tip, silicone or foam, I preferred foam because it seals well!
Yeah,… I have the Clairvoyance (same design as all Thieaudio’s tribreds), finding tips that work well is a pain. Most silicone won’t work, primarily because of the fact that the only venting is behind the DD. Spinfit CP360s were the first tips I found that didn’t require you to mess around (much) to get a good seal without creating uncomfortable amounts of pressure.

Yesterday I tried the short tips that 64 Audio makes for about 8 hours and they worked perfectly, can just jam them in my ears like most other IEMs. And the Clair’s sound better with them, in my opinion/to my ears. I’d highly recommend those tips for anyone with a Thieaudio tribred who’s having issues with tips. They’re less than 10usd from their website.

https://www.64audio.com/collections/eartips/products/silicone-ear-tips

The mediums appear to be about half way between medium and small Spinfit CP100s.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #3,933 of 4,754
Yeah,… I have the Clairvoyance (same design as all Thieaudio’s tribreds), finding tips that work well is a pain. Most silicone won’t work, primarily because of the fact that the only venting is behind the DD. Spinfit CP360s were the first tips I found that didn’t require you to mess around (much) to get a good seal without creating uncomfortable amounts of pressure.

Yesterday I tried the short tips that 64 Audio makes for about 8 hours and they worked perfectly, can just jam them in my ears like most other IEMs. And the Clair’s sound better with them, in my opinion/to my ears. I’d highly recommend those tips for anyone with a Thieaudio tribred who’s having issues with tips. They’re less than 10usd from their website.

The mediums appear to be about half way between medium and small Spinfit CP100s.
How are the stock tips? I like spinfit so I was thinking of going that route, but now you got me wondering...

Maybe I'll try these 64audio ones.

Oct 13, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #3,934 of 4,754
How are the stock tips? I like spinfit so I was thinking of going that route, but now you got me wondering...

Maybe I'll try these 64audio ones.
The Clairvoyance only came with foam and one set of medium CP100s. I haven’t tried any of the ones that came with the Elixir but they don’t look too bad, maybe on the flimsy side which might be a good thing. But it seems like there are people who don’t have issues with pressure with these IEMs so might no be an issue for you. If it is the CP360s were serviceable for me and those 64 tips are less than 6usd (but only one size, I’ll have to get out the metric ruler to figure out their diameter as the sight doesn’t list it), but I have no idea what shipping would be.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #3,935 of 4,754

Thanks 😊
I will try.
Have you try foam ? Very good with, Bass are hard and high. Mat be you can cut a little (Oracle, buse is short)

Oct 14, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #3,936 of 4,754
Thanks 😊
I will try.
Have you try foam ? Very good with, Bass are hard and high. Mat be you can cut a little (Oracle, buse is short)
I have tried the foams but I can’t get them more than maybe 3/4 of the way in on account of a bend in the ear canal so tend to avoid them. Other than the IEM sticking out they seemed fine.

Btw, if you do have issues with tips I’d be happy to send out the L and S 64 tips I can’t use, they weigh nothing so shipping shouldn’t be much if you live in USA. The smells are 8mm, M=10mm L=12mm

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #3,938 of 4,754
Now remove that grill ThieAudio put on the IEM, and it sounds twice as good. There's no filter behind the grill. With the grill off, there are no sound deflections of the upper midrange and treble. paired with Cayin N3 Pro and N6 MKII plus a host of removable DAC+AMP and Acoustune AET08 Tips, I'm in heaven. The end game for me.
Would this void the warranty on the Monarch Mk2 ?

Oct 16, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #3,939 of 4,754
I have tried the foams but I can’t get them more than maybe 3/4 of the way in on account of a bend in the ear canal so tend to avoid them. Other than the IEM sticking out they seemed fine.

Btw, if you do have issues with tips I’d be happy to send out the L and S 64 tips I can’t use, they weigh nothing so shipping shouldn’t be much if you live in USA. The smells are 8mm, M=10mm L=12mm

Thanks but ... in France .... 😳
You will send to an american people who be happy ! 👍

Oct 16, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #3,941 of 4,754
Possibly. But maybe not if it just pops out and can be put back easily. But it was intended to be permanent.

And you’d have to get one of those IEM vacs to remove whatever gets into the sound tubes and/or be ridiculously careful.
Ah okay. The reason i’m asking is because something weird is happening to my Monarch Mk2. Is it possible to reattach on my own ?
4C842AA0-4DAD-4CAE-BAC7-8654ED838727.jpeg

Oct 16, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #3,942 of 4,754
Ah okay. The reason i’m asking is because something weird is happening to my Monarch Mk2. Is it possible to reattach on my own ?
That’s odd. I can’t tell from the picture but are the screens still attached? If not, and if you’ve never had to clean the screens (I’ve never had to with my Clairvoyance), you should be fine without them. Would just have to be careful when they’re not in your ears or the case.

It looks like they’re just compression fit so maybe you could flatten them again and pop them back. But the metal will have stretched so might not work even if you had access to a press.

Maybe you could email them to see if you could get some new screens, it wouldn’t be too hard to get in. Just finicky if they are compression fit (you’d probably need a circular piece of metal or wood as close to the same diameter to press on so as to not bend them). Or find a broken set of one of their tribreds to steal screens from.

But, you can get by without the screens. Would just need a way of cleaning the sound tubes if anything gets in them.

Oct 18, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #3,944 of 4,754
This appears to be a somewhat common issue with the Monarch MK2.
My pair has the same dented grille, and multiple people on reddit have reported the same issue.
The person who made that thread and another person managed to get theirs replaced by their dealer, so if it bothers you, I'd go that way.

AFAIK, it's not meant to be user-replaceable so I wouldn't mess with it considering their price, it's better to send them back.
I didn't bother because I imported them from China and it would be a very big and possibly costly hassle to ship the earphones back and forth, and the issue doesn't seem to cause any sound problems.
Just hope it doesn't bite me in the ass if I ever decide to resell them.

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #3,945 of 4,754
This appears to be a somewhat common issue with the Monarch MK2.
My pair has the same dented grille, and multiple people on reddit have reported the same issue.
The person who made that thread and another person managed to get theirs replaced by their dealer, so if it bothers you, I'd go that way.

AFAIK, it's not meant to be user-replaceable so I wouldn't mess with it considering their price, it's better to send them back.
I didn't bother because I imported them from China and it would be a very big and possibly costly hassle to ship the earphones back and forth, and the issue doesn't seem to cause any sound problems.
Just hope it doesn't bite me in the ass if I ever decide to resell them.
I’m still thinking about sending them back, but i am afraid of the shipping costs and time needed to sort everything out. I did get them through a local dealer, i’ll contact them to see what can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back