ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Sep 1, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #3,016 of 4,808
I just recieved the AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC tips. Tried them on the Monarch. The upper mids are more forward and even shouty at times. I still prefere the sound using the spiral dots on most songs.
Still waiting my Luxurious&Precious W2 and my DUNU Blanche cable to arrive (should be here before the end of the week)
I also bought an Audioquest cinnamon usb cable to plug the W2 on my PC.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #3,017 of 4,808
Haven't found a use for Xelastecs myself. Seems that the material is so firm that it increases treble to an unnatural level. They just don't seem to work for me at all.

I do like the Earfit Light and the standard, though. They don't have the same effect. The light seems to be more balanced and a bit brighter and the standard is darker with tighter bass. I like the standard Earfit tips with the Oracle, although it does dampen the energy a bit and cuts out some treble, but maintains clarity. Not sure which I prefer.

Sep 1, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #3,018 of 4,808
Haven't found a use for Xelastecs myself. Seems that the material is so firm that it increases treble to an unnatural level. They just don't seem to work for me at all.

I do like the Earfit Light and the standard, though. They don't have the same effect. The light seems to be more balanced and a bit brighter and the standard is darker with tighter bass. I like the standard Earfit tips with the Oracle, although it does dampen the energy a bit and cuts out some treble, but maintains clarity. Not sure which I prefer.
Well, to me the spiral dots sounds more natural than any other tips. You might like it. The only downside being slightly less confortable than the xelastecs.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #3,019 of 4,808
I'm in the process of replacing the stock cable on the Monarch, and I've narrowed it down to the Penon OSG and the DUNU Blanche. Has anyone tried both these cables, and if so what would you suggest? Any other cables you would suggest?

Sep 2, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #3,020 of 4,808
How to turn your Monarch into a TOTL IEM Killer.
1 Attach a PW Audio 1950s cable to it.
2 Burn in the aforesaid combo for a week, 24/7.
Just an unbelievable IEM. Course the cable is 4 times the price of the Monarch.

Monarch is a TOTL iem. There's no other way to put it!

Besides, the sound signature it offers is quite unique and not easy to balance. Masterful tuning, even if mids could be a bit more well rounded.

What are you using to power it? I noticed that Monarch scales incredibly well and loves more power. A warm source also brings the best in it.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #3,021 of 4,808
I just recieved the AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC tips. Tried them on the Monarch. The upper mids are more forward and even shouty at times. I still prefere the sound using the spiral dots on most songs.
Still waiting my Luxurious&Precious W2 and my DUNU Blanche cable to arrive (should be here before the end of the week)
I also bought an Audioquest cinnamon usb cable to plug the W2 on my PC.

I love spiral dots on the Monarch. I also loved the Xelastecs tbh and never noticed any shoutiness. Perhaps it's a source issue?

W2 pairs so nicely with Monarch. Bass is tight and has better definition, stage and imaging are improved. It also gives a little warmth to the mids and brings vocals a bit forward, exactly what Monarch needs!

This said, as good as the W2 is (balanced output, high gain) Monarch sounds even better with a more powerful musical source. I use the Xduoo 05 Plus with a Burseon V5i opamp and it's mind-blowing.

I can't help but wonder how Monarch would sound out of a tube amp.

Sep 2, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #3,022 of 4,808
I'm in the process of replacing the stock cable on the Monarch, and I've narrowed it down to the Penon OSG and the DUNU Blanche. Has anyone tried both these cables, and if so what would you suggest? Any other cables you would suggest?
I replaced the stock cable with the LSC08 from linsoul. I like it (a bit less treble compared to stock) but i want to try the DUNU blanche as well. I should receive it before the end of the week. i will post a comparaison against Stock and LSC08

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #3,023 of 4,808
After reading this thread several times … there’s still one question hanging in my head:

Is the Oracle closer to Monarch or to Clairvoyance?

The thing is: I have the Monarch but not the Clair. If the Oracle is closer to the Clair than the Monarch, it might be worth getting.

Thanks.

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #3,024 of 4,808
Sep 3, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #3,025 of 4,808
Hi,
I received the Luxury&Precision W2 and the Dunu Blanche! :)
IMG_20210903_195440.jpg

InkedIMG_20210903_190958_LI.jpg

All the tests i did was with the spiral dots tips on the Monarch <3

Edit1:
Before burn-in: The dunu Blanche cable keep everything under control. Treble are never harsh but there are here with lots of details. Love the combo with L&P w2. The w2 have a V shape sound but the dunu cable prevent treble from hurting me. Dunu cable add more soundstage (Balanced 4.4 output from w2 + Dunu Blanche).

Yesterday evening, i tried w2 with LSC08 cable. Dunu cable is very neutral sounding compared to LSC08. LSC08 had a bit more treble and mid-bass but it was a bit too much on some songs with the w2.

Nevertheless, the combo LSC08 + Encore mdsd is very good as it brings voices upfront and never sounds harsh.

So, the LSC08 cable (60$) goes better with my Encore mdsd DAC (70$) and Dunu Blanche cable (300$) paired best with the L&P w2 (300$)

very subtle differences:
LSC08 (copper cable) = mid-bass + treble
Dunu Blanche (pure silver cable) = Neutral (might change with burn-in)
Encore mdsd (dac/amp) = mid focus with little pick in treble
L&P W2 (dac/amp) = V-shape (might change with burn-in)

Edit2: Strangely the stock tips works great with the W2 + Blanche combo

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #3,026 of 4,808
Please advise Monarch or Clair for rock, metal, progressive metal, and epic sound tracks? (ie. AC/DC, Dream Theater, Disturbed, Nightwish, Hans Zimmer...).
Thanks. Gone thru several reviews and still cannot decided

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #3,027 of 4,808
Please advise Monarch or Clair for rock, metal, progressive metal, and epic sound tracks? (ie. AC/DC, Dream Theater, Disturbed, Nightwish, Hans Zimmer...).
Thanks. Gone thru several reviews and still cannot decided
Oh yeah I use my monarchs all the time for metal. The bass and midrange is my ideal and the treble is top tier

Sep 8, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #3,028 of 4,808
So just got home from Miami (Deejaying @ClubLIV all weekend) and I get a text my Monarchs have been delivered. Right out of the box, these are the best IEMs I've ever used. It's like the sound has 6 dimensions to it. Notes have the longest decay (Time a note is audible till it fades) I've ever heard. I can hear the air/space around instruments. Crin said these were S Tier but I rate them {H)eavenly} Tier (Above S Tier). If you're thinking about buying them, don't wait. if you can't afford them, get a small loan. These are worth 6 times the asking price. Pairing is with Sony ZX500 which is a wonderful pairing, Sony AW55, and Cayin N3 Pro. FYI, these are good with every genre. The best sound i got was from well-mastered DSDs like BabyFace - The Day and the Eagles - Hotel California. I threw jazz at it, classical, Hip Hop, and these do it all. So I disagree with the notion, these only do certain genres.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #3,029 of 4,808
Oh yeah I use my monarchs all the time for metal. The bass and midrange is my ideal and the treble is top tier
Monarch mid-bass is too rolled off for metal so it needs a bit of an EQ bump around 125 Hz, IMO.

Sep 8, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #3,030 of 4,808
Monarch mid-bass is too rolled off for metal so it needs a bit of an EQ bump around 125 Hz, IMO.
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I have both the clair and monarch and the difference in tuning makes the monarch impactful and clean for metal. Albeit I do listen to a lot of technical death and prog so having a little less bloat adds a tons to th clarity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back