ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 6, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #2,027 of 4,773
Just received custom-plated Monarchs, after a long 10 week wait. They were worth the wait. Sound awesome out of the box (WM1A, ADI-2 DAC FS). The detail, clarity, vocals and sub-bass are excellent. Just wow.

4FB44F86-F00A-4F7E-A0FD-127888F68350.jpeg

CF5C932B-15D9-4C81-9CE4-EFD13C01A108.jpeg

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #2,031 of 4,773
I really like the Clairvoyance default faceplate, but wish I could’ve gotten the shell in a translucent gray/smoke color rather than black. I really like to see the insides of multi-driver IEMs.

May 6, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #2,032 of 4,773
I really like the Clairvoyance default faceplate, but wish I could’ve gotten the shell in a translucent gray/smoke color rather than black. I really like to see the insides of multi-driver IEMs.
I dont know if its the lighting or the newer batches of clairs have a more of a purple color as opposed to the greenish teal color previous batches had

May 6, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #2,034 of 4,773
I bought a tip which is highly recommended in this forum. However, after long term test, I have to say, Monarch owner, please just use the silicon tip that comes with the Monarch, it is way better than the recommended tip.

May 6, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #2,035 of 4,773
I bought a tip which is highly recommended in this forum. However, after long term test, I have to say, Monarch owner, please just use the silicon tip that comes with the Monarch, it is way better than the recommended tip.
What tip is recommend? I just use genuine CP100. Stock CP100 is a mock up, it’s harder material compared to genuine one.

May 6, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #2,036 of 4,773
What tip is recommend? I just use genuine CP100. Stock CP100 is a mock up, it’s harder material compared to genuine one.

AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC, I will try CP100​

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #2,037 of 4,773

AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC, I will try CP100​

I see. I use xelastec for many IEM but not Monarch. Xelastec simply kills the bass response and sound field of Monarch, the bass dynamic driver’s response doesn’t quite match with Xelastec type, on top of anything it’s quite unconfortable to use already big nozzle with “stick the nozzle with the ear tips around it” type.

I can start a long session discussing how inner ear canal resonance is calculated base on the length of the ear canal, and thus using Xelastec type when inserting the Monarch nozzle deeply inside would change the designed sound signature, but haha I’ll save it for some other day😂

The original stock tip is CP100 type, and it gives quite comfortable fit for Monarch except its hard material, if you like the sound of stock CP100 mock, the genuine CP100 should serves better👍
Also Xelastec is pretty useful for many other IEM, so it’s not gonna be a waste, you can use it for others some other day.

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #2,038 of 4,773
I see. I use xelastec for many IEM but not Monarch. Xelastec simply kills the bass response and sound field of Monarch, the bass dynamic driver’s response doesn’t quite match with Xelastec type, on top of anything it’s quite unconfortable to use already big nozzle with “stick the nozzle with the ear tips around it” type.

I can start a long session discussing how inner ear canal resonance is calculated base on the length of the ear canal, and thus using Xelastec type when inserting the Monarch nozzle deeply inside would change the designed sound signature, but haha I’ll save it for some other day😂

The original stock tip is CP100 type, and it gives quite comfortable fit for Monarch except its hard material, if you like the sound of stock CP100 mock, the genuine CP100 should serves better👍
Also Xelastec is pretty useful for many other IEM, so it’s not gonna be a waste, you can use it for others some other day.
Thanks for the info, you are right about Xelastec killing the bass for Monarch. The SQ of many Chifi is very sensitive to tips, that's unfortunate.

May 7, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #2,039 of 4,773
The Xelastec have been a curious novelty, but for me the good Azla Sedna will always be the Short.
At least with the Clairvoyance and the Mest they are the best tips I have tried, and I have tried many.

May 7, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #2,040 of 4,773
Monarch owners: Is there a way (EQ, tips or cables) to increase the authority of the male voice, to add some balls to rap music?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back