ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Oct 1, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #601 of 4,773
Problem is, we can't almost see true honest review from real user that have both Clairvoyance/Monarch and Volt. Maybe there are, but only few people maybe with leftover money they have or truly enthusiast audiophile.
Usually "penon reviewer" will against "linsoul reviewer" and vice versa, subjectivity is inevitable here. So far maybe crin who dare to tell the truth, but penon never send him one.
Noble Sultan tragedy was wowed me

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #602 of 4,773
Problem is, we can't almost see true honest review from real user that have both Clairvoyance/Monarch and Volt. Maybe there are, but only few people maybe with leftover money they have or truly enthusiast audiophile.
Usually "penon reviewer" will against "linsoul reviewer" and vice versa, subjectivity is inevitable here. So far maybe crin who dare to tell the truth, but penon never send him one.
Noble Sultan tragedy was wowed me
Sadly, you‘re absolutely correct. There are different “camps” of reviewers

Oct 2, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #603 of 4,773
Got my Clairvoyance this week :L3000: Kind of disliked the stock adapters and stock cable comfort (and I don't have anything to hook 2.5mm directly to) so I just replaced it with a 25$ KBear copper 4.4mm cable and quite happy with it. Sounds great, nothing mindblowing but I was aware I would be entering the realm of "diminishing returns" but in any case that will allow me to concentrate on the music first and foremost...and I have discovered so much great stuff in the past few months already. I think vocals in particular sounded better than ever for me in my limited testing, but the journey continues...I should probably experiment with EQ as well.
Also, I have some 20 pages of this thread to catch up to (since I didn't want to read about IEMs while waiting for shipment :upside_down::thinking:)

clair1.JPG

And this one with Cayin N3Pro in tube mode:

clair2.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #607 of 4,773
Wow high praise for the VOLT! Saying the MEST is not that much better???
Well, it’s all subjective, and at this level, it’s really a matter of taste rather than any objective superiority. I have the MEST, and have never had the privilege of hearing the TA Twins, but just from reading reviews, and looking at FR graphs, I can certainly imagine some people listening to the Clairvoyance and MEST, and preferring the Clair. This is why it’s so unfortunate that we have no easy way of sampling these IEMs for ourselves.

If for instance, one were to prefer the Monarch to the EE Odin, I would nether be surprised, nor find that in any way diminishing to the Odin, b/c it’s personal taste.

Oct 7, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #609 of 4,773
What kind of music (feel free to propose artist/track) would be good to "showcase" the EST drivers (in my case of Clairvoyance)? It's only my understanding that it accents the treble frequencies but what Khz onwards and how does the transition/combination (?) work from BA drivers to EST?

Oct 7, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #610 of 4,773
What kind of music (feel free to propose artist/track) would be good to "showcase" the EST drivers (in my case of Clairvoyance)? It's only my understanding that it accents the treble frequencies but what Khz onwards and how does the transition/combination (?) work from BA drivers to EST?

This songs have all range of spectrum except female vocal

Oct 7, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #611 of 4,773
Does anyone with the Clairvoyance find it shouty?
In my case, I find the zone centered on 3 kHz too high, so much that it is annoying, and I have to use the EQ to reduce it by 3-4 dBs.

I'm using the Spiral Dot because the rest of the tips I have have the narrowest bore, and that makes them sound strange to me. I don't know whether to buy the normal Azla Sedna or the Xelastec, just in case one of them would improve its sound.

Oct 7, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #612 of 4,773
Does anyone with the Clairvoyance find it shouty?
In my case, I find the zone centered on 3 kHz too high, so much that it is annoying, and I have to use the EQ to reduce it by 3-4 dBs.

I'm using the Spiral Dot because the rest of the tips I have have the narrowest bore, and that makes them sound strange to me. I don't know whether to buy the normal Azla Sedna or the Xelastec, just in case one of them would improve its sound.

suggestion any azla will sound similar effect or not much different from spiral dot since they are similar bore opening (wide bore) and tend to be making high mids perceived as boosted a little bit. try spin fit 360, or sony silicone or final audio E , but i have 1 great eartips, its a tws eartips, but have wide bore opening but very short and open so they dont resonance and purely the IEM sound get through. It have similar effect with half-cut foam, without any protrude. Ill take picture later.

Oct 7, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #613 of 4,773
suggestion any azla will sound similar effect or not much different from spiral dot since they are similar bore opening (wide bore) and tend to be making high mids perceived as boosted a little bit. try spin fit 360, or sony silicone or final audio E , but i have 1 great eartips, its a tws eartips, but have wide bore opening but very short and open so they dont resonance and purely the IEM sound get through. It have similar effect with half-cut foam, without any protrude. Ill take picture later.

Even the xelastec will be similar to the Spiral Dot?

I've tried Sony but they make it sounds weird, the tonality is no longer natural. And I have also been able to test the Spinfit CP145, but they make it sounds excessively bright.

Oct 7, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #614 of 4,773
Even the xelastec will be similar to the Spiral Dot?

I've tried Sony but they make it sounds weird, the tonality is no longer natural. And I have also been able to test the Spinfit CP145, but they make it sounds excessively bright.

CP145 reduce the bass, so will perceived as brighter. Xelastec have high mids boosted, but tamed the sparkles since the material absorb or non-resonance at all, so the material kill ringing, think of speaker on full absorption acoustic panel, that kill the echo, or ringing.

regular azla is harder at stem material, make more ringing, but bass more tighter. Spiral dot++ if you pay attention closely have different structure than normal spiral dot, they have horn shape opening with smaller bore to the IEM and bigger on other end so they dont resonance more too, in a good way, but since material is softer than normal spiral dot, they have different effect too.

if you want pure sound from your IEM, use half cut foam, is the easiest method, so its really neutral, cut the foam and plug it until similar level opening with IEM level. I have silicone eartips made for tws actually and give similar effect, pure sound without adding resonance at all.

Sorry if talk too much, but I spent my time last time to closely comparing each eartips as Im really tried to achieve best sounding possible. I have all of those tips btw

Oct 7, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #615 of 4,773
20201007_184732~2.jpg

thats the one i explain, the TWS tips that have wide opening and very shallow protrude so no resonance, beside spiral dots, and azlas

20201007_184827_HDR~2.jpg
closer look to this magical (yet dirt cheap tips)

20201007_184856~2.jpg

half-cut foam, also make no resonance hence pure sound from IEM. i saw @IEMusic picture few days back using similar halfcut foam tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back