ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Sep 13, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #451 of 4,754
So if I like Audiosense T800 tuning, am guesing Clairvoyance would be the better option correct?
I like T800 bass with better mids and treble. Thanks

Sep 13, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #452 of 4,754
So if I like Audiosense T800 tuning, am guesing Clairvoyance would be the better option correct?
I like T800 bass with better mids and treble. Thanks
That would be my guess, unless you want to perhaps use the Monarch with a 20 Ohm resistor at times.

Sep 13, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #453 of 4,754
That would be my guess, unless you want to perhaps use the Monarch with a 20 Ohm resistor at times.
does monarch resemblance er2se with better subbass, highs, and imaging? also obviously fit

Sep 13, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #454 of 4,754
does monarch resemblance er2se with better subbass, highs, and imaging? also obviously fit
I guess, to a degree. But overall they seem quite different, and this is just tuning. I’m pretty sure the sound is really different.

1600024259571.png

Sep 13, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #455 of 4,754
I guess, to a degree. But overall they seem quite different, and this is just tuning. I’m pretty sure the sound is really different.

1600024259571.png
havent heard of er2se? ah bummer. Would like to know how "thin" monarch which certain people are complaining about. To me, er2se doesnt sound thin, if the note are almost the same, probably i dont find monarch is thin

Sep 13, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #456 of 4,754
havent heard of er2se? ah bummer. Would like to know how "thin" monarch which certain people are complaining about. To me, er2se doesnt sound thin, if the note are almost the same, probably i dont find monarch is thin
I haven't tried ER2SE but Monarch sounds thinner than ER2XR, and also much brighter.

Sep 14, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #457 of 4,754
The Monarch hath cometh. All hail the Monarch !
his_monarchy-smllsh.jpg

Standard, beautiful face, clear shell for peeking.
Coming from the Legacy 3, and being this my first "mature" pair, I can by no mean give an educated comment.
The L3 hath been put in a completely different perspective by the Monarch, of course.
Gotta say: Oh - Mon - Gee !!!

Don't see anyone wanting more (quality) bass than this king provides. Or highs, for that matter. Mids? Heavens for me.
"Muted kick and bass"? My cig and my ash, BBiggiE ! Sorry. Even unintentionally pictured my lighter there. Bring the heat, His Majesty!
Stock cable, stock silicone (CP150-ish, I believe) tips (M-ish size: only one in the pack, foamies aside? Never mind, Xelastec are on the way).
FiiO M11 Pro, 2.5mm output. iBasso 2020 DX160 narrows the huge stage a little, but oh well...!

Too much information! Too much information! Too much information! Too much information!!! *head blows* :ksc75smile:

Sep 14, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #458 of 4,754
I haven't tried ER2SE but Monarch sounds thinner than ER2XR, and also much brighter.
Er2se should have been thinner than xr. Is there anyone here heard of er2se and monarch to have a fair comparison?

Sep 14, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #459 of 4,754
The Monarch hath cometh. All hail the Monarch !

Standard, beautiful face, clear shell for peeking.
Coming from the Legacy 3, and being this my first "mature" pair, I can by no mean give an educated comment.
The L3 hath been put in a completely different perspective by the Monarch, of course.
Gotta say: Oh - Mon - Gee !!!

Don't see anyone wanting more (quality) bass than this king provides. Or highs, for that matter. Mids? Heavens for me.
"Muted kick and bass"? My cig and my ash, BBiggiE ! Sorry. Even unintentionally pictured my lighter there. Bring the heat, His Majesty!
Stock cable, stock silicone (CP150-ish, I believe) tips (M-ish size: only one in the pack, foamies aside? Never mind, Xelastec are on the way).
FiiO M11 Pro, 2.5mm output. iBasso 2020 DX160 narrows the huge stage a little, but oh well...!

Too much information! Too much information! Too much information! Too much information!!! *head blows* :ksc75smile:

Hey yours are very beautiful with clear body shell even with default faceplates. Is that counted as custom faceplate or bought as "default" color with special request (with same $730 price tag?)

Sep 14, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #460 of 4,754
Is that counted as custom faceplate or bought as "default" color with special request (with same $730 price tag?)

As soon as you select the clear body instead of the standard black one, you'll be charged with extra 60$, and only then you can customize both the shell color and the faceplate.
I went for a clear shell and the default plate with no logo, which screams elegance at me. Love it.
Oh, and I love the sound the Monarch makes! Something pretty important, I'd say. IEMd-game for 2020 for me.
Only thing I might "complain" about is the cheapish packaging, the faux-leather pouch which is too small for my taste, the lack of more silicone tips (only an M-ish one, really? Lucky I'm an M IEM guy!) and the lack of a brush maybe.
/me puts the Monarch and turns music on... "*** packaging!"

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #461 of 4,754
!Muted kick and bass"? My cig and my ash, BBiggiE ! Sorry. Even unintentionally pictured my lighter there. Bring the heat, His Majesty!

What did you means by this? I'm guessing you don't agree with others analysis of thin sound. That's good to hear. by the way How comfortable is the shell? My monarch shipped as well but DHL decided to send it to the wrong facility. Hopefully will be here by Wednesday and I can add my opinions.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #462 of 4,754
What did you means by this? I'm guessing you don't agree with others analysis of thin sound.
Actually, I do agree with Crinnacle's "-1 on my note weight scale".
Is that "thin"? Not at all to my eardrums and brain.
There's a lot in between "thin" as in "muted kick and bass" (ooh, I can feel and touch 'em: they're all there!) and "-1 note weight". The Monarch proudly sits in His throne right where Crin indicated, if you ask me.
If you're looking for thick basslines in 70s, 80s and even 90s recordings, you might want to steer clear, but that's exactly what I'm more or less _never_ listening to.
Dare I say, everything third millennium upwards? Loud and clear.
Recent IDM, house, techno, breaks, ambient music... Heavens to betsy!
My reference library also includes indie rock from 2010s, and that also sounds superb to me.
Things come and go like I've never experienced even on good speaker systems with those genres. The detail is amazing and the word "thin" never came to my mind. Ever.
As for the fit... Well that depends on your ears' shape! My pretty dang standard "M" ears have zero problems with the UIEM and stock M SpinFits.
No fatigue throughout my initial 2 hours listening session. Isolation is also good, I'd say, but I'm sure some other tips can do better. Xelastec maybe? Hopefully, since I've order some sets!
As always in these relativity days: you put a grain of salt on top of my monar... er... monologue.
/me wears the regal dress again, grins and prepares for more goosebumps as for this song (didn't know there was a vid out!). :ksc75smile:

Sep 14, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #463 of 4,754
Just got my Monarch in, same design as Dolores actually. Haven't listened much yet, but the few standout things are - the stock cable is very good. Nice and lightweight and looks good. And the fit is like 80-90% custom fit for me. Really wasn't expecting that but I'll have to tip roll more. The ambient noise reduction is just shocking.

Sound quality is good so far, I'll listen more tonight and give them a whirl with the Hiby impedance adapter

Sep 14, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #464 of 4,754
Just got my Monarch in, same design as Dolores actually. Haven't listened much yet, but the few standout things are - the stock cable is very good. Nice and lightweight and looks good. And the fit is like 80-90% custom fit for me. Really wasn't expecting that but I'll have to tip roll more. The ambient noise reduction is just shocking.

Sound quality is good so far, I'll listen more tonight and give them a whirl with the Hiby impedance adapter
I still haven’t tried the adapter on my Monarch. I’m about to send the Odin’s cable off to have the 2.5mm end replaced with a 4.4mm termination. So, they haven’t left my ears this weekend. Let me know what you think. I’ll be following shortly and should have my Clairvoyance next week to compare.

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #465 of 4,754
I still haven’t tried the adapter on my Monarch. I’m about to send the Odin’s cable off to have the 2.5mm end replaced with a 4.4mm termination. So, they haven’t left my ears this weekend. Let me know what you think. I’ll be following shortly and should have my Clairvoyance next week to compare.
Nice! Excited to hear your Clair impressions. I'll be tempted based on the fit alone

You weren't joking about the Monarch not needing more subbass, they already have a ton of slam and rumble. Safe to say I'll never use the 75 and 150ohm adapters :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back